[Unoffical] Updated Beasts and Barbarians Campaign Map

Discussion of products from third-party companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Brian_Smaller
Novice

[Unoffical] Updated Beasts and Barbarians Campaign Map

#1 Postby Brian_Smaller » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:34 pm

This map is for my own campaign world. Some changes from Umberto's original in the West. The East/SE is all new.

Newer Version
http://www.2shared.com/photo/Qm--GJR3/B ... ld_Ma.html
Last edited by Brian_Smaller on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryche
Veteran

#2 Postby Ryche » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:39 am

Nice work.

Sadric
Heroic

#3 Postby Sadric » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:19 am

I like the mental image that I get when looking at the silk route at the edge of the Oligam Plateau (clearly a few hundreds yard deep).
Down there the Valk nomads, the kurgot nomands behind the sand dunes.
A large caravansary all hundred miles or so.
Daring traveller, lead by kurgot pathfinder, travel to the salt desert (ín the deep of the salt desert is a large salty sea where some unkown monsters or evil wizard live)

I know its not official, but this sounds like a good B&B adventure. :-)
A long travel adventure, with plotpoints around the different caravansary, deadly thirst, sand, a saboteur in the carawan, nomadic bandits encounters, some evil demonic summoner that hunt some artifact that is hidden in the silk....

Brian_Smaller
Novice

#4 Postby Brian_Smaller » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:46 pm

My thoughts too:) Glad you like it.

Newer version - link above.

BObrien
Seasoned

#5 Postby BObrien » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:24 pm

Brian_Smaller wrote:My thoughts too:) Glad you like it.

Newer version - link above.

Hi Brian,

I really like where you're going with this.. there's one thing in the map that "bugs" me, though.

I think Syranthia is in the wrong place.

Now, I totally understand why you put it where you did... I looked at the map and almost all the clues point to where you put it. But it wasn't really as clear as it is in your map and something was bugging me about it. And then I figured it out... along the side of the original map is the image of the Colossus of Syranthia... and on the map, just west of where you've placed Syranthia, is another city -- and right along the ocean line is a very small rendition of the Colossus.

I believe what you've originally marked may be a ruins or a plateau.

Anyhow, you've done a man's job here. Nice work.
Evil Minion #19, "The Manipulator"
http://www.evilwig.co.uk/

Brian_Smaller
Novice

#6 Postby Brian_Smaller » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:06 pm

I thought the Colossus was at Askerios, so I put Syranthia the city where the map shows a sort of walled city.

Tell you what, I'll do you a special version at some stage :)

EDIT: I just had a look at the initial draft map Umberto did and I think I have placed Syranthia in the correct(ish) location.

Return to “SW Licensees”