I was looking at your starship as a character rules again and trying to apply Size categories to it;
* The Basic idea is that each step in size increases strength die size, and adds toughness- but makes it easier to be hit, and harder to maneuver.
* That smaller ships may be harder to hit and much more maneuverable, but if they are hit by a much larger vessel- they are usually toast.
* I wanted to imagine adding slots based with size contributing.
* that past size category 4-5, Ship size multiply cost by powers of ten; Size 6-7 = 10X, size 8-9 = 100x size 10 = 1,000 X cost.
* That under size category 4-5, ship size reduces cost is reduced by powers of ten, but also reasonably reduces available slots and crew required; Size 3-2 = final cost /10. size 1-0 = final cost divided by 100.
Size categories limit ship roles
Size 0, very small craft: (Max 4 person) escape pod, private business shuttle, minor construction/repair pod, prospecting pod, One person fighter, Sport model civilian 2 seat, Racer, courier. Recon. Science probe.
Size 1, typically a 4 person sedan kind of. larger and better equipped versions of the models suggested above.
Size 2-3. Recreational vehicle, Van, Construction ship, Miner ship, Ambulance, mini-fire truck, company limo, small passenger transport.
Size 4-5. Standard workhorse space craft. private bunk/rooms for crew, separate rooms for specialized functions: kitchen, cargo, engineering, Bridge: captain-helm-nav-commo. Like the above ships but capable of extended journeys away from ports and greater features for the specific task.
Size 6-7. bigger vessels that typically spend most of their time in space "on the job". This might include: A space refinery for mined ore, a luxury yacht, a cargo/trade hub, a science installation, a repair facility for smaller space craft, a large transport- colony ship, pharmacutical producer, a law enforcement installation, a heavy military space craft.
Size 8-9. MUCH bigger space craft that usually contract smaller vessels to provide it with services/materials. A space hospital, a space farm, a large trade hub, construction site for ships equal to or smaller.
Size 10. a MILITARY Dreadnought/super carrier, MEGA YACHT, the equivalent of a company skyscraper, a Huge space station for trading cargo, A colony ship. (there generally isn't a player use for ships of this size or greater, except to visit or call home)
Please consider opening up the Edges and hindrances a bit more for Savage space space ships: can a ship be "Noble" yes, attractive "yes", "Brawny" yes.
Combat rules can be broadened for space ships in almost every way available to people. I do not believe a space ship can "go prone", but I do think a small fast ship can "duck behind cover".
You can "get the drop" on a ship with an inattentive crew.
(*The avengers movie, Tony stark, "THAT MAN IS PLAYING GALAGA"!) etc.
Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests