High Space anyone?

Discussion of products from companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Jim
Novice

High Space anyone?

#1 Postby Jim » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:50 am

Has anyone downloaded the beta rules for High Space? I'm thinking of running a sci-fi campaign down the road and I was wondering if the rules would be easily transplanted to another setting.

herrozerro
Seasoned

#2 Postby herrozerro » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:20 pm

i have the rules and i have started playing a Scifi game with the starship rules. I am not too sure about some of the rules like equilibrium and some of the backgrounds give you amazing bonuses like +2 fighting. but it looks promising.

Story Weaver
Novice

#3 Postby Story Weaver » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:18 am

Heya, in lieu of anyone else jumping in I will share the 'official line' ; )

High-Space consists of 3 seperated booklets:

Character Analects (all things about characters)
Fleet Manual (starships et al.)
The Lantern (the dedicated setting book)

CA and FM are the crunch, and they stand alone and on their own two feet (spines?)

TL (The Lantern) draws them both together and plays to the strengths of each. I was typesetting the 'demo adventure' that will ship with High-Space, checking page references, and I think there was a 50/50 split of references to the CA and to the FM.

So, you can use the Fleet Manual to add starships into any other SW campaign. It only references the core rules.

Likewise the CA only references the core rules and can be used for what it brings to the table (notably edges&hindrances, sythetics, glanding, computer rules, equipment & weapons, and rules for XS+ vehicles (which I have had great feedback on).

However, The Lantern is 'tied' to the other High-Space books. I had to think hard on that choice, but in the end i decided 'why write all these cool mechanics and never reference them?' So the Lantern is full of XS+ and starship action, plus the other crunch... plus one or two 'extra' mechanics that I saved just for that book ; )
StoryWeaver Games
www.storyweaver.com
Find us on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/StoryWeaverGames

Jim
Novice

#4 Postby Jim » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:22 pm

I noticed that the first two books mentioned are included in the beta release on Drive Thru RPG. How much longer until the full game is released? Will people who purchase the beta be allowed some kind of discount on the final product?

Story Weaver
Novice

#5 Postby Story Weaver » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:51 pm

The plan is for the Final release to happen real-soon-now. I would say end of November at the absolute latest.

Yes, the Beta purchases will get a hefty discount ($5 instead of $15) on the final release, which will have updates of the first two books. It's a bit crazy, but the best discount is to buy the Beta and then buy the Final with the discount!

Making sense? : )

Kodyax
Veteran

#6 Postby Kodyax » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:16 pm

Quick question, will this be made available as print in some fashion? Space Opera is an interest of mine.

Story Weaver
Novice

#7 Postby Story Weaver » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:25 am

Yes, we definitely want to do this in Print and/or POD format!

The cop-out answer is 'as soon as we can' ; )

Reality-checking the road map and it says January 20013... but right now that is like a long range weather forecast...

Kodyax
Veteran

#8 Postby Kodyax » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:43 am

I'll keep an eye out for it. There is not a whole lot of Space based stuff for Savage Worlds. Slipstream is great but not for everyone if you catch my drift.

GVanMeter
Novice

#9 Postby GVanMeter » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:07 am

Black Wyrm Games will be doing Terracide for Savage World to be released sometime around Origins or GenCon. Terracide is currently available for HERO 6th.

Kodyax
Veteran

#10 Postby Kodyax » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:35 pm

I may have to pick that one up as well

Return to “SW Licensees”