Templar Arcane Skill

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Lostwolf
Novice

Templar Arcane Skill

#1 Postby Lostwolf » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:58 pm

Don't have Hell on Earth Reloaded yet but do have hero lab. And under the background for Templar it list the arcane skill as Spellcasting and that it uses Smarts. Under Backlash "When a templar rolls a 1 on his faith dice.."

I am kind of sure that the arcane skill should be faith based on spirit. Am I correct?

Demonicuss Krinn
Seasoned

#2 Postby Demonicuss Krinn » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:06 am

Bingo. I guess HeroLab got it wrong. Perhaps you can email/message them about the mistake?

zarlor
Seasoned

#3 Postby zarlor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:04 am

Or me, actually. I did the data file, LoneWolf just made the file available. Odd, since I'm using that to play a Templar in a game right now and never noticed that... let me take a closer look and I'll put up an update to fix it.

EDIT: Ok, I see what happened. It's just the text description that I have wrong (odd, since most of it is cut-n-paste) but the implementation is correct in that the data file will open up the Faith skill and it uses Spirit everywhere else in the program. I'll fix the description and since I have a couple of little minor things fixed as well I'll put out an update with that in it today.

Definitely let me know if anyone sees anything else I screwed up (it's a lot of stuff in those files and I'm always missing something!)
Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA

Lostwolf
Novice

#4 Postby Lostwolf » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:41 am

Thanks both. :-D

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”