OK, so I recognize that this is not Fast, but it's something my group likes and we miss from DL Classic rules. We also have these neat d12's that have a stick figure man with hit locations:
- two for each arm
two for each leg
three for torso
one for head
- Four wounds total still results in Incapacitation, doesn't matter how those wounds are spread out.
- Arm: -1 to all rolls, -2 to any rolls involving the wounded arm (per wound)
Leg: -2 pace (per wound) [If someone's pace is reduced to 0 then they can only move by spending an action to run d6", or be carried]
Torso: Standard -1 to all rolls and pace (per wound)
Head: -2 to all rolls (per wound)
So here are the questions:
- 1. Do the penalties seem fairly balanced, given the locations hit?
2. What about cover? I was thinking of two options:
- A. If an attack hits (after penalties) and would hit a location blocked by cover, then the hit defaults to the torso.
B. Remove the penalties for firing at someone in cover, but if the location rolled is behind cover, then the target gets armor as per the Obstacles rule
I'm leaning toward B because it seems more realistic and may encourage people to think about called shots, etc. a little more (my group rarely tries called shots, considering the risk not worth the reward).