The Great Chicago Fire of 1871

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

synarchist
Novice

The Great Chicago Fire of 1871

#1 Postby synarchist » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:28 am

Hey, all! After digging around in various classic and Reloaded books - especially "Back East: The North," I notice the Great Chicago Fire isn't mentioned. Am I missing something, or have I managed to find a recent (for the setting) event that doesn't have an official story hook attached yet? I ask because it's important for the background of a character in the game I'm about to run.

Anyhow, thanks in advance!

iskandar
Novice

Re: The Great Chicago Fire of 1871

#2 Postby iskandar » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 am

synarchist wrote:Hey, all! After digging around in various classic and Reloaded books - especially "Back East: The North," I notice the Great Chicago Fire isn't mentioned. Am I missing something, or have I managed to find a recent (for the setting) event that doesn't have an official story hook attached yet? I ask because it's important for the background of a character in the game I'm about to run.

Anyhow, thanks in advance!

as far as I can remember, no story lines that in with it. You couldn't go wrong with linking it in with the fire cult featured in coffin rock as a bit of fanon.

RJack
Seasoned

#3 Postby RJack » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:59 am

It's mentioned in the opening description of Chicago in Murder on the Hellstromme Express, but only as background. There is no official story hook attached to the event.

synarchist
Novice

#4 Postby synarchist » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:25 pm

Thanks, all! I like the idea of linking it with Coffin Rock, too. Interesting...

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”