NE character creation questions

This topic is for rules questions related to products from Pinnacle outside the core rulebook (Settings, Companions, etc.). Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

lute408
Novice

NE character creation questions

#1 Postby lute408 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:41 pm

We're just starting up a NE campaign and I am allowing Super Karma. I am doing standard power (10 power points to start with). Many of them are taking the Power Edge.

1. Can they take an extra hindrance for Super Karma so they can essentially have the Powers Edge twice at Novice?
2a. Also, does anyone have any experience / thoughts on how many more / less enemies I should throw at my group depending on how many players there are?
2b. Basically, is NE assuming you have 5 players? Less? More?

3. Is there any reason to take headquarters powers in NE? Seems like you already got a base.

Clint
Site Admin

Re: NE character creation questions

#2 Postby Clint » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:29 am

lute408 wrote:We're just starting up a NE campaign and I am allowing Super Karma. I am doing standard power (10 power points to start with). Many of them are taking the Power Edge.

1. Can they take an extra hindrance for Super Karma so they can essentially have the Powers Edge twice at Novice?

I'm guessing the reference is to the Power Points Edge, to which the answer would be, pretty much.

It's not actually that Edge, so it doesn't count against the limit of taking the Edge once per Rank, but it does provide the same benefits, +5 PPs.

lute408 wrote:2a. Also, does anyone have any experience / thoughts on how many more / less enemies I should throw at my group depending on how many players there are?
2b. Basically, is NE assuming you have 5 players? Less? More?

This it really something to ask more on the open forums as this topic is solely for official answers to how the rules in the book work and only Pinnacle folks can reply not the community as a whole.

I can say that NE does expect an average of 5 players, around 4-6 actually.

lute408 wrote:3. Is there any reason to take headquarters powers in NE? Seems like you already got a base.

Again, probably a question for the open forums, but you might clarify a bit. I'm not aware of the players just getting a base in NE. Even if they have a location they use, it's not really a true "Lair" as the power.

Hope that helps and welcome to the forums!
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work”