How did you decide?

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Virgobrown72
Heroic

How did you decide?

#1 Postby Virgobrown72 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:50 am

I was looking at the list of ranged weapons in the SWD, and a thought occured to me; Just what went into the process of deciding which firearms made the list? With so many brands, makes and models, that seems like it could have been an exausting process...
"That which does not kill me, makes me Shaken..."

Clint
Site Admin

Re: How did you decide?

#2 Postby Clint » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:17 am

Virgobrown72 wrote:I was looking at the list of ranged weapons in the SWD, and a thought occured to me; Just what went into the process of deciding which firearms made the list? With so many brands, makes and models, that seems like it could have been an exausting process...

Dartboard.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Clint
Site Admin

Re: How did you decide?

#3 Postby Clint » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:24 am

Okay, seriously, a combination of factors and not all the same, but in general there are two things. To use Pistols as an example...

There's "popularity." The Peacemaker, 1911, and Glock are all archetypal weapons.

Then there is "breadth." Showing different weapons, so other weapons can be extrapolated from them. Put in a .22 to show a small caliber pistol and then the .50 to show the upper end with some different options in between.

Again, that's in general and not overarching, but it covers the basics if that helps.
Clint Black

Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Virgobrown72
Heroic

#4 Postby Virgobrown72 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:05 pm

I ought it was interesting. Especially because, like many Savages, I homebrew games (Mostly Sci Fi...). In creating a weapon listing, I hadto determine what would be commonly available to the characters, and what would be either millitary grade, or just difficult to procure. (Stats were easy, basing them off pre-existing Savage Worlds material...).

Just thought it was interesting...
"That which does not kill me, makes me Shaken..."

raikenclw
Veteran

Re: Hello!

#5 Postby raikenclw » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:07 am

alandorian2 wrote:I am glad to join pinnacle.

Hi, Fellow Novice! :)

You might want to start a new thread to introduce yourself properly. Adding to a existing one like this might get you overlooked by folks who aren't currently watching that particular thread.

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”