Savage Dark Conspiracy

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

The Warlord
Seasoned

Savage Dark Conspiracy

#1 Postby The Warlord » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:43 pm

I'm in the process of converting every game I want to run to SW. I've already done Conan, Star Frontiers, and in the process of The One Ring.

That said, there is one setting I've always admired from the outside...Dark Conspiracy. Minion Hunter is my favorite co-op boardgame of all time, and has been ever since I bought it in the early 90s. I never played Dark Conspiracy though.

So, what are the essential books from the Dark Conspiracy line to get a handle on the setting? Any specific SW books I'll need (so far, I've been good converting with just the core SW book).

Thanks!

ogbendog
Legendary

#2 Postby ogbendog » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:38 pm

I love DQ. PM me if you want to collaborate on it, i've had a few thoughts.

I own the 1st ed main rules, Empathic Sourcebook, Darktek, and some of the adventures.

You could probably get the basics down with just core rules.

per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Conspiracy you can get everything on CD rom

coyote6
Seasoned

#3 Postby coyote6 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:21 pm

DriveThruRPG (and RPGNow, of course) has most if not all of the Dark Conspiracy books in PDF, for whatever it's worth.
--
Bob

The Warlord
Seasoned

#4 Postby The Warlord » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:50 am

ogbendog wrote:I love DQ. PM me if you want to collaborate on it, i've had a few thoughts.

I own the 1st ed main rules, Empathic Sourcebook, Darktek, and some of the adventures.

You could probably get the basics down with just core rules.

per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Conspiracy you can get everything on CD rom

Sorry, I've been away a bit.

I've got the book coming, but haven't read it yet so I couldn't be much help at the moment.

What ideas do you have?

ogbendog
Legendary

#5 Postby ogbendog » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:40 pm

they way they do Psi in the basic book is as skills

A few you can start with or get in mundane jobs. the "higher" onces you can only get by being experimented on in a government lab, or some other esoteric way.

I made the mundane ones edges; Foreboding was basically Danger Sense, plus the GM can give you visions to advance the plot. the others i put into an AB, as I recall

Takeda
Heroic

#6 Postby Takeda » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:54 pm

Having to buy each power as a seperate skill is brutal! After character creation it would be 1 advance just to get a D4 power. Ouch! It makes paying one advance for a single power pretty cheap.

Hmmmm?! Thinking.
Dean: "Ya' know she could be faking."
Sam: "Yeah, what do you wanna do, poke her with a stick?"
[Dean nods]
Sam: "Dude, you're not gonna poke her with a stick?"
Supernatural Quotes

ogbendog
Legendary

#7 Postby ogbendog » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:01 pm

Skills are different in the DQ rules.

Savage DQ would have one skill only, and edges.

seawolf1969
Novice

Savage Dark Conspiracy

#8 Postby seawolf1969 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Any further movement on this. I am trying to decide on what system to run DC in for some cons I plan on attending. SW could get more players but I am more familiar with others generic systems and leaning towards those. If I can save time and use someone else's conversion, I might feel better about SW and DC.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#9 Postby ValhallaGH » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:35 pm

Rereading the thread, I'm wondering why ogbendog wants to Savage DairyQueen. Sure, the restaurants can be annoying, but that seems like an extreme reaction.

Kodyax
Veteran

#10 Postby Kodyax » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:46 pm

I sold the books I had of this but it was quite interesting. It reminds me of a book Reality Blurs had out for D20 Modern that could stand to be redone in SW called Alien Invasion or something similar. In some ways it was almost a knock of Dark Matter which came out when X-Files was in its hey day.

VonDan
Legendary

#11 Postby VonDan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:07 pm

I think I found your old books I got Dark Conspiracy 1E for $1.99

Trotter
Novice

Re: Savage Dark Conspiracy

#12 Postby Trotter » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:03 am

The Warlord wrote:I'm in the process of converting every game I want to run to SW. I've already done Conan, Star Frontiers, and in the process of The One Ring.

How's The One Ring conversion going? I'm very interested in seeing what you've done.
| email (make it what it says, human! ;) )
Stephen "dot" C "dot" Holland "at" gmail "dot" com
| http://gplus.to/SCHolland
DoubleReedsOnline.com

The GIT!
Heroic

#13 Postby The GIT! » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:54 pm

ValhallaGH wrote:Rereading the thread, I'm wondering why ogbendog wants to Savage DairyQueen. Sure, the restaurants can be annoying, but that seems like an extreme reaction.

Just read this - very funny :lol:

The Warlord
Seasoned

#14 Postby The Warlord » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:16 pm

Issue #14 of Protodimension Magazine has a conversion for Savage Worlds.

http://www.protodimension.com/zine/

The Warlord
Seasoned

#15 Postby The Warlord » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:57 am

Anyone have a good, hi-res scan of the map of the US from Dark Conspiracy? It would be the one showing all of the metroplexes, outlaw lands, and demongrounds.

Thanks!

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”