The Last Sons: Devils Tower (spoilers)

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Kaspar
Seasoned

The Last Sons: Devils Tower (spoilers)

#1 Postby Kaspar » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:40 am

So I recently bought The Last Sons, and unlike The Flood I really really like it. Reading through it I have come to plot point 3 The Fortress of Fright and I just don't understand why the posse should go into the Devils Tower?

Can someone enlighten me?

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#2 Postby Cutter XXIII » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:20 am

Thanks, Kaspar, glad you're enjoying it. :)

Here be spoilers...

On pp. 160-161, the vision of Jordrava asks for the posse's help, and tells them to find the doorway to the mirror realm. On page 161, he tells the heroes it's inside the tower, along with a few ways they might try to gain access. So if they're at all interested in saving ol' Jor, they need to go in there.

Hope that helps! I tried to make it a compelling reason without getting too railroady.
Matthew Cutter
Deadlands Big Bug (Brand Manager)
Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Inc.

Kaspar
Seasoned

#3 Postby Kaspar » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:03 am

Cutter XXIII wrote:Thanks, Kaspar, glad you're enjoying it. :)

Here be spoilers...

On pp. 160-161, the vision of Jordrava asks for the posse's help, and tells them to find the doorway to the mirror realm. On page 161, he tells the heroes it's inside the tower, along with a few ways they might try to gain access. So if they're at all interested in saving ol' Jor, they need to go in there.

Hope that helps! I tried to make it a compelling reason without getting too railroady.

Cheers Cutter, I completely forgot about that.

Good job on the book

The Stray
Seasoned

#4 Postby The Stray » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:43 pm

You probably want to set up Jordrava a bit in actual play, in order to get a posse's attention. I'm running the Last Sons right now (we're halfway through the first Plot Point...I play PBP so it takes a while to get things done) and I've already had the ghostly Old One show up a bit earlier (he showed up on a hill to draw attention to the train, and will be showing up again during the fight with the Ravenites).
When the Cat's a Stray, the Mice will Pray

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”