Reloaded TO Classic Conversion Rules?

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Amdramnar
Novice

Reloaded TO Classic Conversion Rules?

#1 Postby Amdramnar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:42 pm

I always prefered the Classic rules over the Savage World rules not to mention I have EVERY book from classic Deadlands, Hell on Earth, and Lost Colony.

I find plenty of Classic to Reloaded conversion posts but so far none the other way. With the new Reloaded line and stuff comming out for that, I may be interested in converting characters, monsters, etc back to the classic versions.

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Reloaded TO Classic Conversion Rules?

#2 Postby Clint » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:30 pm

Amdramnar wrote:I always prefered the Classic rules over the Savage World rules not to mention I have EVERY book from classic Deadlands, Hell on Earth, and Lost Colony.

I find plenty of Classic to Reloaded conversion posts but so far none the other way. With the new Reloaded line and stuff comming out for that, I may be interested in converting characters, monsters, etc back to the classic versions.

If you have all the books, then it's simple; just use the stats for the creature listed in the Classic book for 97% of the stuff. Walkin' Dead are Walkin' Dead.

For anything else, those other 97% should give a pretty good idea how to convert over. The primary thing would be any special abilities, but there's likely something similar in Classic somewhere to work from.

If running an adventure, I might keep an eye out for opposition numbers that might be hard to handle in Classic and reduce them.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

ScooterinAB
Seasoned

#3 Postby ScooterinAB » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:44 am

What I'm interested in doing is taking some of the unique material, like scrounging/money and the encounter tables and using them in Classic. I'm also interested in looking at Guts, since I agree with Reloaded about people being used to all of the crazy stuff and magic.

I've also been looking at a subset of Junker rules for making quick devices (with the full rules being for that labored creation). I was looking at this independantly of Reloaded, but I may look to it for inspiration.
28/12/09 Scooter just bought a Deadlands book... In a Japanese Gaming store... And the clerk knew what it was. Awesome.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”