Allies and wild die and bennies

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Mechphisto
Novice

Allies and wild die and bennies

#1 Postby Mechphisto » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:14 am

I know allies are like PC-run NPCs... but they get names and 3 wounds... so, do they also get to use the wild die like Wild Cards do? And do they get the benefit of bennies?
I have to assume that since the rules don't specifically say either way (not that I can find), then I guess only the legitimate PCs get the die and bennies.
But, would like clarification.
Thanks!
Liam

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Allies and wild die and bennies

#2 Postby Clint » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:24 pm

Mechphisto wrote:I know allies are like PC-run NPCs... but they get names and 3 wounds... so, do they also get to use the wild die like Wild Cards do? And do they get the benefit of bennies?
I have to assume that since the rules don't specifically say either way (not that I can find), then I guess only the legitimate PCs get the die and bennies.
But, would like clarification.

As noted in the Combat section under Using Allies, the first sentence states <italics added>...

"Allied Extras are divided up among all the players to control."

So typical Allies are Extras and follow all the same rules as any other Extra. They do not have a Wild Die and they are out of the fight if they take one wound.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”