[SPC] Attack, Melee and Armor Piercing

This topic is for rules questions related to products from Pinnacle outside the core rulebook (Settings, Companions, etc.). Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

justinsg
Novice

[SPC] Attack, Melee and Armor Piercing

#1 Postby justinsg » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:20 pm

In this post you mention "Armor Piercing is a Modifier that costs "+1/2." That's not +"one half" but +1 per 2 points of AP. Each point put in the modifier grants 2 points of AP for the attack. To get 12 AP would cost +6 PPs on top of the base Attack, Melee cost."

This is great and answered my first question, so thanks!

My follow-up: is there any cap to the amount of AP you can buy? And is it tied to the base damage of the power at all? For example, could I have a guy with Attack, Melee who only wants 1d6 extra damage but with 40 AP (ridiculous example but you get the idea).

Clint
Site Admin

Re: [SPC] Attack, Melee and Armor Piercing

#2 Postby Clint » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:51 am

justinsg wrote:My follow-up: is there any cap to the amount of AP you can buy? And is it tied to the base damage of the power at all? For example, could I have a guy with Attack, Melee who only wants 1d6 extra damage but with 40 AP (ridiculous example but you get the idea).

The only cap would be the total number of PPs the character had... and perhaps common sense. ;)
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work”