[DLR] Question about Coyote [Spoilers - Last Sons]

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

BrotherFlounder
Novice

[DLR] Question about Coyote [Spoilers - Last Sons]

#1 Postby BrotherFlounder » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:23 am

The Marshal's Handbook says that Isatai believes he received a vision from Coyote to build the Coyote Confederation, but it was actually sent by Raven. Last Sons, on the other hand, says that Isatai is indeed receiving visions and guidance from Coyote, with no mention that Raven is feeding him those visions (at least not that I saw). Was this a change or am I reading something wrong?

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#2 Postby Cutter XXIII » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:03 am

As far as I can tell, they don't contradict each other.

Isatai's stat profile in The Last Sons is from his own point of view; he doesn't know it was really Raven who visited him.

And with the book so big already, it didn't make sense to restate that whole situation. :)
Matthew Cutter
Deadlands Big Bug (Brand Manager)
Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Inc.

BrotherFlounder
Novice

#3 Postby BrotherFlounder » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:38 am

Huh, could've sworn I replied to this earlier. Silly computer.

Thanks for the reply! Had another few thoughts about this after awhile. Was replacing Isatai always a backup plan for Raven, or was he planning to use him for something else? Also, perhaps I'm misunderstanding how battlefields are created, but how did Adobe Walls become a battlefield if Isatai didn't actually die?

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#4 Postby Cutter XXIII » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:16 am

BrotherFlounder wrote:Also, perhaps I'm misunderstanding how battlefields are created, but how did Adobe Walls become a battlefield if Isatai didn't actually die?

There was still a battle there... two of them, in fact. :)
Matthew Cutter
Deadlands Big Bug (Brand Manager)
Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Inc.

BrotherFlounder
Novice

#5 Postby BrotherFlounder » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:16 am

Thanks again. Clearly I need to reread that section describing the battlefields.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#6 Postby ValhallaGH » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:10 pm

BrotherFlounder wrote:Thanks again. Clearly I need to reread that section describing the battlefields.

Battlefields are locations were battles were fought. Doesn't generally matter who fought, or who died, just that an armed conflict occurred between two (or more) groups.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

The Stray
Seasoned

#7 Postby The Stray » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:58 pm

BrotherFlounder wrote:Huh, could've sworn I replied to this earlier. Silly computer.

Thanks for the reply! Had another few thoughts about this after awhile. Was replacing Isatai always a backup plan for Raven, or was he planning to use him for something else? Also, perhaps I'm misunderstanding how battlefields are created, but how did Adobe Walls become a battlefield if Isatai didn't actually die?

Replacing Isatai was always on Raven's back-burner (it's why he had Isatai go around hooded, after all) but I think losing the Sioux nations forced him to speed up his plans for that.
When the Cat's a Stray, the Mice will Pray

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”