Ghost Train Adventures

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

The Stray
Seasoned

Ghost Train Adventures

#1 Postby The Stray » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:45 pm

I seem to remember some adventures involving ghost trains, but I'm having a hard time calling them to mind. What adventures involving ghost trains are there in the Deadlands canon?
When the Cat's a Stray, the Mice will Pray

RJack
Seasoned

#2 Postby RJack » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:01 am

Back East: The North has a ghost train in Chicago. This is mentioned in the first part of Murder on the Hellstromme Express.

Rascals, Varmints & Critters has the Union Pride ghost train. (Not an adventure, but a mention)

Saddle Sore has the Journey o' the Nightingale as one of its short adventures.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#3 Postby ValhallaGH » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:26 am

Then there's the Night Train. Which would be nicer if if were ghosts. :twisted:

The Stray
Seasoned

#4 Postby The Stray » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:41 pm

Yeah, I think Night Train and For Whom The Whistle Blows is a bit too much for my party.

The specific adventure I'm thinking of has the party "rescued" and allowed on a creepy conveyance, which will let them ride for free...provided they undertake a task for the conductor. It's not quite Journey of the nightingale...and in fact I'm not even sure if it's Deadlands or another setting that has trains, or even a whole other setting entirely that could be easily converted.

I thought it might be Deadlands because that's such a Deadlands game, but Journey o' the Nightingale doesn't have any sort of tasks...it's just atmosphere.
When the Cat's a Stray, the Mice will Pray

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”