Lasers and Full Auto

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Xavier Onassiss
Seasoned

Lasers and Full Auto

#1 Postby Xavier Onassiss » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:02 am

I've run a search for this question and come up with nothing. Apologies if it's already been asked and I missed it somehow.

Does a laser rifle (or other laser weapon with autofire capability) ignore the -2 recoil penalty when in Full Autofire mode?
300 years from now: After the Terracide... the charred husk of man's homeworld slowly cools in the empty silence of a dead star system.
Welcome to the rest of the Galaxy. It's Dark Out There.
https://terraciderpg.wordpress.com/

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Lasers and Full Auto

#2 Postby Clint » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:21 pm

Xavier Onassiss wrote:I've run a search for this question and come up with nothing. Apologies if it's already been asked and I missed it somehow.

Does a laser rifle (or other laser weapon with autofire capability) ignore the -2 recoil penalty when in Full Autofire mode?

By the core rules (as opposed to how it may work in some setting), they still suffer the autofire penalty. As noted in the book, they are inaccurate "typically" due to recoil, but it doesn't necessarily have to be due to that. Regardless, all autofire attacks suffer the penalty.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”