Dodge/Improved Dodge and Brave vs. Suppressive Fire

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

shinryu
Seasoned

Dodge/Improved Dodge and Brave vs. Suppressive Fire

#1 Postby shinryu » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Do these Edges give any bonus to resist Suppressive Fire as written/intended?

Dodge and Improved Dodge seem like they would be helpful since they provide evasion bonuses vs. area attacks, but as Suppressive Fire isn't exactly an area effect attack and doesn't technically target the character I could see the argument against as well.

Brave also seems logical (takes a lot of guts to stand your ground in a hail of bullets) and it is a Spirit roll but since Suppressive Fire isn't exactly a Fear test either I can see the argument against there as well. Conversely, I'd assume Yellow would penalize the check if Brave helps with it.

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Dodge/Improved Dodge and Brave vs. Suppressive Fire

#2 Postby Clint » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:35 am

shinryu wrote:Do these Edges give any bonus to resist Suppressive Fire as written/intended?

Dodge and Improved Dodge seem like they would be helpful since they provide evasion bonuses vs. area attacks, but as Suppressive Fire isn't exactly an area effect attack and doesn't technically target the character I could see the argument against as well.

Suppressive Fire says not to apply any of the target's modifiers as they come into play later. While Cover is the most common modifier, Dodge/Imp. Dodge also fall under that criteria. So in short, yeah, I would say they would add their bonus to the Spirit roll.

Brave/Yellow not so much, though being under heavy suppressive fire could be a situation that leads to a Fear check (especially if a lot of allies roll a 1).
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”