Spiral bound for Gen Con bound?

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

greyseerco
Seasoned

Spiral bound for Gen Con bound?

#1 Postby greyseerco » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Will there be copies of the new SWDEx available as spiral bound at the studio 2/ peginc booth at gen con this year? If so, I know I would love to get 2.

jpk
Legendary

#2 Postby jpk » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Sorry, but no. The few Explorer's Editions we had as spiral bound copies were a special case. Practically, it's easier to warehouse and ship angry porcupines that spiral bound books.

There are numerous threads about folks who intentionally have their Explorer's Edition books cut, drilled, and spiral bound as a matter of choice and habit, usually at a Kinko's, UPS Store, or similar local or chain office services outfit. They make it sound very easy to have done if you're interested.
Joel Kinstle
Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

greyseerco
Seasoned

#3 Postby greyseerco » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:38 am

Thank you for the reply, I will stop by kinkos when I get home and have it bound. See you there.

jpk
Legendary

#4 Postby jpk » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:14 am

If you've got Kinko's and Staples and Office Max and Office Depot and all that other whatnottery in your town, reports show that shopping around can get you some very different prices. Be sure they know you need it cut first, then punched, then spiral bound, and it's a 6.5" x 9" book.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#5 Postby ValhallaGH » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:28 am

jpk wrote:Practically, it's easier to warehouse and ship angry porcupines that spiral bound books.

Good to know. I had no idea, since my experience with spiral bound books has been limited to a small scale.

VonDan
Legendary

#6 Postby VonDan » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:18 pm

If you ask them to use a coil 1/2 inch to 3/4 wider than normal, that make room to add a front and back cover of saddle leather

The GIT!
Heroic

#7 Postby The GIT! » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:10 pm

ValhallaGH wrote:
jpk wrote:Practically, it's easier to warehouse and ship angry porcupines that spiral bound books.

Good to know. I had no idea, since my experience with spiral bound books has been limited to a small scale.

I'm more concerned about the possibility that jpk knows what it's like to try to warehouse and ship angry porcupines :1eek13:

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#8 Postby ValhallaGH » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:48 pm

The GIT! wrote:I'm more concerned about the possibility that jpk knows what it's like to try to warehouse and ship angry porcupines :1eek13:

That part doesn't surprise me at all.

jpk
Legendary

#9 Postby jpk » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:10 pm

The GIT! wrote:I'm more concerned about the possibility that jpk knows what it's like to try to warehouse and ship angry porcupines :1eek13:

To be honest, I extrapolated from experience with hedgehogs. Now that I say that, I don't know that it helps...

The GIT!
Heroic

#10 Postby The GIT! » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:46 pm

jpk wrote:

To be honest, I extrapolated from experience with hedgehogs. Now that I say that, I don't know that it helps...

There comes a time when it's probably just best to say nothing... :razz:

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#11 Postby ValhallaGH » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:26 am

jpk wrote:

Huh. I guess that makes sense. But hedgehogs are ornery creatures, were porcupines are (relatively) laid back. Their prickliness is rarely metaphorical; though I suppose being warehoused might change that.

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”