HOER Conversion

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Hellfire6A
Seasoned

HOER Conversion

#1 Postby Hellfire6A » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:19 pm

I just bought a bunch of the Classic pdfs. Is there a conversion to Reloaded for HOE out there?

All my experience comes from Savage Worlds so I feel behind the power curve trying to figure out conversions for traits, weapons and such.
http://www.armsonline.org/

None are free until all are free!

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:42 am

Thunderforge
Veteran

#3 Postby Thunderforge » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:35 pm

Just to clarify, the link there is for the old "Deadlands Classic to Savage Worlds" conversion that Pinnacle released before Deadlands Reloaded came out.

Converting adventures or statblocks from Classic to Savage Worlds is more of an art than a science. In general, you use the Reloaded stuff whenever it is available, especially with things like gear.

Some people (myself included) have made Classic to Reloaded conversions for Deadlands and Hell on Earth (just submitted the first of the Dime Novel conversions to Pinnacle). If there's a particular Hell on Earth Classic adventure you'd like to see reloaded, send me a PM and I'll bump it up the priority queue.
Wild Card Creator: Any PDF, Any Setting, No Extra Cost.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.

Hellfire6A
Seasoned

#4 Postby Hellfire6A » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:28 pm

Thanks, Thunderforge. I imagine that you are probably already doing the adventures I have recently bought.

I'll use what was posted to make changes and go to the community for further help. Last thing I want is to slow someone down that is on a mission.

Thanks again.

VallhallaGH, I have the download and I'll check it out. Does it have a way to convert gear? Especially weapons? I plan on converting the weapons from Waste Warriors.
http://www.armsonline.org/

None are free until all are free!

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#5 Postby ValhallaGH » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Hellfire6A wrote:VallhallaGH, I have the download and I'll check it out. Does it have a way to convert gear? Especially weapons? I plan on converting the weapons from Waste Warriors.

Generally, just grab a similar weapon out of the core rules. The CSA M-10 is mechanically the same as a H&K G3. The USA M-21 is mechanically the same as a M-16. The Advanced Combat Rifle is an M-16 with an under-slung 20mm grenade launcher (and some fancy sensors). The Saiga Mk 3 is just the HOER auto-shotgun with a different magazine. The flamers are small-tank flame throwers. Pretty straight-forward, really - what's not in the core rules is in HOER.

Good luck.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”