Savaging Clint Black

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

samuraicrab
Seasoned

Savaging Clint Black

#1 Postby samuraicrab » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:42 pm

I want to surprise my Savage Dragon players By making CLINT BLACK the head bad guy. I know Clint is a wildcard human, but how else would you stat him up?

newForumNewName
Heroic

#2 Postby newForumNewName » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:46 pm

I don't know what edge represents the patience of a thousand saints, but he should definitely have that.
"I had a whole bunch of advice for you but got ninja'd by newForumNewName. I'd just do what he says." -- 77IM

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH

Takeda
Heroic

#3 Postby Takeda » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Final Word: [WC], Seasoned, Smarts d8, Knowledge (Rational Deduction) d12, Persuasion d8, Level-Headed.

A person with this Edge has the ability to end any argument with a reasoned-out solution or outcome. Once he has put his idea forth all further argument or discussion all but ceases. It is the perfect foil for anyone who is curious or cautious as he can direct them by use of this ability. If anyone wants to contest Final Word they must Win on a contested Smarts test.

It can be used in combat and will impose a -2 to Parry and Attack unless their target is successful in a contest of Smarts. If Final Word is used in combat against a foe and they succeeed with a Raise they cause their foe to be Shaken.
Dean: "Ya' know she could be faking."
Sam: "Yeah, what do you wanna do, poke her with a stick?"
[Dean nods]
Sam: "Dude, you're not gonna poke her with a stick?"
Supernatural Quotes

CitizenKeen
Seasoned

#4 Postby CitizenKeen » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Well, he wrote Modern Martial Arts, so he should definitely have a bunch of Edges from that.

ron blessing
Heroic

#5 Postby ron blessing » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:26 am

CitizenKeen wrote:Well, he wrote Modern Martial Arts, so he should definitely have a bunch of Edges from that.

With that logic, he also wrote Necessary Evil and the Super Powers Companion. Just saying...

CitizenKeen
Seasoned

#6 Postby CitizenKeen » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:32 am

Ron Blessing wrote:
CitizenKeen wrote:Well, he wrote Modern Martial Arts, so he should definitely have a bunch of Edges from that.

With that logic, he also wrote Necessary Evil and the Super Powers Companion. Just saying...

True, true. And one could create him as a super-powered villain. But a martial artist (1) is a trope of super-villainy!, and (2) the MMA is just two pages of edges, as opposed to an entire universe and genre guide. BUT! You really could do it as anything Clint wrote.

catalac
Seasoned

#7 Postby catalac » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:38 am

improved level headed,snake oil salesman, reputation, fates favored x2, charismatic, noble(admin although you'll probably make it something else in game), jack of all trades, alertness, improved block, and improved dodge.
agility d8 smarts d10 strength d6 spirit d10 vigor d6
fighting d8, shooting d6, throwing d8, persuasion d10, intimidation d8, knowledge deductive reasoning d12, knowledge battle d8, notice d8.

convincing argument: when he makes a test of will attack with 2 raises the target is shaken instead for 1d4 rounds and can not spend a benny to get rid of shaken.

admins touch of death: he can make a touch attack on a success and each raise if the target was already shaken from his persuasion test of will he does one wound for each success and raise.

the final word: anybody trying to make an attack against clint black must make a smarts or spirit roll minus his charisma modifier (4) or they can't bring themselves to oppose him

pace 6, parry 8, toughness 6.

be free to add what you want but this is my idea of what clint would look like.

Thunderforge
Veteran

#8 Postby Thunderforge » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:42 am

How about adding the following special ability:

Metagaming Rules Guru- Clint knows the Savage Worlds rules inside and out and none dare to challenge his knowledge. But absolute power corrupts absolutely and sometimes he's tempted to change the rules to suit him. When things look hopeless, Clint may make up an argument about how the rules supposedly don't allow the character to do what they is trying to do, or to even exist. To do this, Clint must make a Persuasion roll. On a success, Clint's argument stands and the character is affected however Clint said. However, Clint must be careful not to abuse this privilege. After using this ability, roll a d6. On a 6, Shane Hensley has taken note of Clint's abuse of power and has fired him from Pinnacle, instantly resulting in his defeat.
Wild Card Creator: Any PDF, Any Setting, No Extra Cost.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.

CitizenKeen
Seasoned

#9 Postby CitizenKeen » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:54 am

Thunderforge wrote:Metagaming Rules Guru- Clint knows the Savage Worlds rules inside and out and none dare to challenge his knowledge. But absolute power corrupts absolutely and sometimes he's tempted to change the rules to suit him. When things look hopeless, Clint may make up an argument about how the rules supposedly don't allow the character to do what they is trying to do, or to even exist. To do this, Clint must make a Persuasion roll. On a success, Clint's argument stands and the character is affected however Clint said. However, Clint must be careful not to abuse this privilege. After using this ability, roll a d6. On a 6, Shane Hensley has taken note of Clint's abuse of power and has fired him from Pinnacle, instantly resulting in his defeat.

No, no, no! It's no FFF enough! Just go with a 1 on the Persuasion die (regardless of Wild Die). :-D

VonDan
Legendary

#10 Postby VonDan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:13 pm

He will neither confirm or deny that he is the same writer "Clinton Vane de Brosse Black" AKA "Clint Black" who is an expert on pirates and the Caribbean. But how may Clint Black are in North or South Carolina that have also worked on the POTC book

So add a tri corn hat to the Clint NPC and lots of salty talk

samuraicrab
Seasoned

#11 Postby samuraicrab » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:17 pm

Well he will be facing Dragon PCs so I'm giving him the FEAR ability to represent he can strike fear into even dragons. I was thinking of giving him all the MMA edges but that might be to powerful. Even though your Ideas are all Spectacular(the Reason skill was epic) I was hoping to hear from Clint himself.

samuraicrab
Seasoned

#12 Postby samuraicrab » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:19 pm

Instead of 'Jack of all trades' I want to give him the Spinx's 'wisdom' ability. It grants a +2 to common knowledge and all Knowledge skills defualt to a d8.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#13 Postby ValhallaGH » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:46 pm

Clint's usually not here on the weekends. Unless he's busy, he'll be back Monday.

Not sure what he'll have to say. The topic sounds awfully threatening. :mrgreen:
Savage: (Verb)
11. to assault and maul by biting, rending, goring, etc.; tear at or mutilate: numerous sheep savaged by dogs.
12. to attack or criticize thoroughly or remorselessly; excoriate: a play savaged by the critics.

jpk
Legendary

#14 Postby jpk » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Let me know when we start discussing his Hindrances.

:twisted:

samuraicrab
Seasoned

#15 Postby samuraicrab » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:57 pm

jpk wrote:Let me know when we start discussing his Hindrances.

:twisted:

I bet he has Heroic hinderance since he helps people so much.

Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

#16 Postby Noshrok Grimskull » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:08 am

Also Obligations (from RunePunk).
"If you think I'm crazy, you should see the people I'm locked up with." - Steamdriven

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - The Doctor (Doctor Who)

Clint
Site Admin

#17 Postby Clint » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:04 am

This thread is both flattering and disturbing at the same time.

Congratulations. :cool:
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

#18 Postby Noshrok Grimskull » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:35 am

That reminds me: There's already a Clint Black out there, stats and all. In an official publication even!

The Black Judge from the Horror Toolkit Bestiary!

:D
"If you think I'm crazy, you should see the people I'm locked up with." - Steamdriven

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - The Doctor (Doctor Who)

tigerguy786
Veteran

#19 Postby tigerguy786 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:43 am

Noshrok Grimskull wrote:That reminds me: There's already a Clint Black out there, stats and all. In an official publication even!

The Black Judge from the Horror Toolkit Bestiary!

:D

This
"Well, you do know what those who underestimate tigers always say right?"
"What?"
"They scream, 'Oh god help me I'm being mauled to death by a tiger.'"

The Dread Polack
Veteran

#20 Postby The Dread Polack » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:13 pm

If the players decide to be pro-active and go directly after Clint, throw in Clint Black, the country musician as a distraction. They'll kick in the door, and there he'll be, tuning his guitar, looking up at the PCs in bewilderment. Our Clint led them to him intentionally to get them off his trail.

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”