[HoE Reloaded] Question about Veteran o the Wasted West

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

smarttman
Seasoned

[HoE Reloaded] Question about Veteran o the Wasted West

#1 Postby smarttman » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:42 am

My players mad characters tonight, and one of them took Veteran o' the Wasted West.

I know it gives you four Advances, but do these four Advances count towards an increase in Rank? Like, is someone who takes this edge at Seasoned when the game starts?

jpk
Legendary

Re: [HoE Reloaded] Question about Veteran o the Wasted West

#2 Postby jpk » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:55 am

smarttman wrote:My players mad characters tonight, and one of them took Veteran o' the Wasted West.

I know it gives you four Advances, but do these four Advances count towards an increase in Rank? Like, is someone who takes this edge at Seasoned when the game starts?

You may want to double-check your Edge or download a fresh PDF. In the most recent PDF, you don't get four Advances. You get +20 Experience Points.

First, that helps make it clear that you're actually starting at Seasoned if all your buddies are starting with 0 Experience. Second, that also makes it clear what to do in the case of a game that doesn't start at 0 Experience.

Keep in mind that doesn't mean he can grab four Seasoned Edges. He had an advance at 5, 10, and 15 points, all of which weren't Seasoned, but the 20-point advance was.

Did I make that all make sense, or did I talk it to death? If I did, it might come back Harrowed...
Joel Kinstle
Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

smarttman
Seasoned

#3 Postby smarttman » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Yup! That's all I needed to know, thanks

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”