Doomsayer allies

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Calabim
Novice

Doomsayer allies

#1 Postby Calabim » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:38 pm

I noticed that Doomsayers have Summon Ally on the spell list but I didn't really think any of the allies in the main book fit. Anyone got any suggestions on what might make a good list of allies for a doomsayer.

VonDan
Legendary

Re: Doomsayer allies

#2 Postby VonDan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Calabim wrote:I noticed that Doomsayers have Summon Ally on the spell list but I didn't really think any of the allies in the main book fit. Anyone got any suggestions on what might make a good list of allies for a doomsayer.

Not sure how you would stat them or what kinds of friends doomsayers would have. All I did with doomsayers when i played HOR classic was make there heads or chest explode

Gamma dogs from the hulk

Rad scorpions from fallout

Mutant Biker from Weird Science

Stewie Griffin with tentacles from the family guy Y2k episode

Kilgore
Novice

#3 Postby Kilgore » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:33 am

I had a similar question about Toxic Shamans, although I figured for that that I would just use a mix of swarms/giant bugs and toxic spirits, using the stats for the lesser spirits laid out in the the spirit companion edge at lower levels and commensurate tweaks of the elementals in the SW book at higher levels of the spell.

I'd imagine you could do something similar with Doomsayers, but maybe stick in mutated animals, or possibly even Trogs. I think that at higher levels maybe using fire elementals as a version of radiation spirits could work as well for Doomsayers as it would for Toxic Shamans. Although thematically, it'd maybe be more of a projected control of the glow than summoning an actual independent spirit like a Shaman would.

Sitting Duck
Legendary

#4 Postby Sitting Duck » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:53 am

In Classic HoE, there's a Doomsayer miracle called Rad Wraith.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#5 Postby ValhallaGH » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:20 am

Sitting Duck wrote:In Classic HoE, there's a Doomsayer miracle called Rad Wraith.

Don't forget Rad Zombie. :)
I'd recommend using the Fire Elemental stats, but with Radiation instead of Fire trappings. A can of Dr. Pepper works like a gallon of water, and it's probably Incorporeal (remove the melee attack and let it float through objects).
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”