HOER Hell or High Water

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Willis
Seasoned

HOER Hell or High Water

#1 Postby Willis » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:28 am

I have the classic adventure "Hell or High Water". Could this be run as a reloaded adventure? I'm wanting to start my campaign off with something already written until my players get enough of a feel for the setting for me to be able to venture out on my own.

Clash957
Seasoned

#2 Postby Clash957 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:05 pm

I also have this adventure for classic, but I only skimmed through it. I haven't seen anything that would impede a Reloaded posse, except the road warrior ones, but that was addressed for the Classic version already.

I haven't read much after the Nouveau Baton Rogue location descriptions, but I get the impression the adventure could easily become a Seven Samurai style game. I think Savage Worlds would work better than classic did if that is the case. Extras are far easier in Savage Worlds than Classic. You could even break out the Mass Battle rules.

If you do run it tell me how it went.
Playing: Nothing
Running: Looking to start a Savage Worlds game via Google+/Roll20.

John Goff
Seasoned

#3 Postby John Goff » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:44 pm

I'd be surprised if any of the Classic DL or HOE adventures couldn't be converted to Savage Worlds. They might become a tad bit easier, due to the increased breakability of Extras, but that should be easy to adjust.
John Goff

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”