Berzerk and Shaken

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Hand-E-Food
Novice

Berzerk and Shaken

#1 Postby Hand-E-Food » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi!

I'm fairly sure I know the answer to this, but I just want clarification.

If a character with the Berzerk edge takes damage and goes berzerk, they cannot perform any actions that require concentration. Is the Spirit test to recover from being Shaken considered to be a task requiring concentration.

The rules seem to indicate the Spirit test is automatic, so I'm of the mind it doesn't require concentration.

What's the official ruling on this?

jpk
Legendary

#2 Postby jpk » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Since Clint is enjoying a family vacation, I'll go ahead and give you an answer in case you need it quickly.

The actual text of the Edge is "The warrior ignores all wound modifiers while Berserk, but cannot use any skills, Edges, or maneuvers that require concentration, including Shooting and Taunt, but not Intimidation."

The free attempt to recover from being Shaken is not the use of a skill, Edge, or maneuver of any sort, so it's not covered. You can attempt to recover from Shaken completely normally while berserk.

Clint may have additional details or a different formal line of reasoning on his return.
Joel Kinstle
Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”