hmmm?

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Marshalonwheels
Seasoned

hmmm?

#1 Postby Marshalonwheels » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:54 pm

what happens if a PC drinks a can o' bubbly fizz? how many does it take before...

also if a player takes wheels do they get the benefit of the rich edge they had to take to get wheels or is the rich cash part of wheels' $5,000?

Boldfist
Heroic

Re: hmmm?

#2 Postby Boldfist » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Marshalonwheels wrote:also if a player takes wheels do they get the benefit of the rich edge they had to take to get wheels or is the rich cash part of wheels' $5,000?

I've been waiting for someone to ask a similar question. Also, with only $5,000 (or $5,750 with Rich) no one can afford a sports car to begin with? Even with Filthy Rich you wouldn't have near enough? Unless the Edge gives you a vehicle of choice for free and then you have $5,000 to purchase accessories and fuel? Which seems excessive... But $5,000 for a vehicle seems very low. You could only afford a bike, small pickup, compact car or van but the car and van wouldn't be outfitted as they cost $5,000 each?

And does Rich give a "salary of $150k" each year? I'm assuming that a "regular income" is not appropriate in this setting but...
Norm "No Relation" Hensley

Clint
Site Admin

Re: hmmm?

#3 Postby Clint » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Marshalonwheels wrote:what happens if a PC drinks a can o' bubbly fizz? how many does it take before...

Only takes one, but whether this one is part of the random batch or not, that's the question. :twisted:

Possibly something we'll address later, but fizzers are kind of known, so it'd be a special case for someone to drink it.

Marshalonwheels wrote:also if a player takes wheels do they get the benefit of the rich edge they had to take to get wheels or is the rich cash part of wheels' $5,000?

They'd get the normal benefit of Rich too.

Boldfist wrote:I've been waiting for someone to ask a similar question. Also, with only $5,000 (or $5,750 with Rich) no one can afford a sports car to begin with? Even with Filthy Rich you wouldn't have near enough? Unless the Edge gives you a vehicle of choice for free and then you have $5,000 to purchase accessories and fuel? Which seems excessive... But $5,000 for a vehicle seems very low. You could only afford a bike, small pickup, compact car or van but the car and van wouldn't be outfitted as they cost $5,000 each?

That's all a Novice gets to start with. If a GM wanted to allow multiple PCs with the Edge to combine their money in one vehicle, they could get something better.

Boldfist wrote:And does Rich give a "salary of $150k" each year? I'm assuming that a "regular income" is not appropriate in this setting but...

Correct, Hell On Earth would be a setting where a regular income would not be appropriate.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Boldfist
Heroic

#4 Postby Boldfist » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks Clint!
Norm "No Relation" Hensley

grendel2175
Seasoned

#5 Postby grendel2175 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:49 pm

Wheels edge as a system for allowing a character to have a vehicle is a fail IMO. Two edges to end up with a Yugo?

Honestly the inclusion of many of the splatter book wingdings (power armor, project damocles, Ford Falcon V8...) from HOE you really need a commitment from the GM and the group to run a particular story.
Grendel

Clint
Site Admin

#6 Postby Clint » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:57 pm

grendel2175 wrote:Wheels edge as a system for allowing a character to have a vehicle is a fail IMO. Two edges to end up with a Yugo?

Well, the idea is that a Novice could have a regular vehicle or a tricked out bike of their own.

grendel2175 wrote:Honestly the inclusion of many of the splatter book wingdings (power armor, project damocles, Ford Falcon V8...) from HOE you really need a commitment from the GM and the group to run a particular story.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean, man.
Clint Black

Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Preatori0us
Veteran

#7 Postby Preatori0us » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:52 pm

Clint wrote:I have no idea what this is supposed to mean, man.

I believe he's saying, with all the extras that have been added from the other books in the original series of HOE, wouldn't it be rather hard to play one of them in HOE:R?
I'll be in my bunk.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”