1935 Deadlands America

All discussions about the new Noir setting for Deadlands and Savage Worlds. It's 1935 and the only thing that isn't in short supply is trouble.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

LWhitehead
Novice

1935 Deadlands America

#1 Postby LWhitehead » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:59 pm

This is great setting for creating original characters in 1935, let's see.

Everybody in the North was drinking again legally, the mob switch from Booze to Drugs as there main source of underworld profits,

In New Orlean state captial Huey Long the Kingfisher was killed, due to the fact he upset to many people.

FDR was trying to get his New Deal to work in the North, I've got no clue what would be happening in the CSA at this time money wise.

Now I do know that the Men in Black of the Northern Agency is still around pushing people aropund to keep quite aboput the monsters out there.

The Tombstone paper is still writing the real Truth of the evil that's in the world, but by 1935 I think it would be treated as truely hated Yellow Muck raking paper seen as the worest of the worest. Sort like Supermarket tabloid papers of today.

That should be a Father Coughlin like character in this setting, one who is fighting againest the New Deal and could be Reckoner backed.

LW

cloudshaper2k
Novice

#2 Postby cloudshaper2k » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:54 pm

The opening of the Olympics made me go history hunting. Noir will be set one year prior to Hitler's Germany hosting the Games. Now THERE'S a Deadlands plot point campaign . . .

Sitting Duck
Legendary

#3 Postby Sitting Duck » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:41 am

For even more fun, consider that Germany hosted both the Summer and Winter Games that year. The 1936 Summer Games were also the first to have the torch relay.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

Return to “Deadlands Noir”