Bennies for Morrowind?

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

jasales
Seasoned

Bennies for Morrowind?

#1 Postby jasales » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:02 pm

What would you use for bennies (props) for a Savage Elderscrolls, specifically Morrowind game?

A game set in Skyrim would be easy - runestones such as these.
http://mystic-awakening.com/zcart/index ... ngebstf5m4

But what about Morrowind? I have some green glass stones that look pretty good but what other suggestions do you have? A bag full of septims? Cool, but at $20 a pop not realistic.

I made some cards that are easy to see at the table: http://www.yourplayingcards.com/builder ... 96820U6662

Just need some good themed bennies.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:10 pm

Berries? Bits of chitin and shell? Vials of tropical disease? Okay, that last one is a bad idea.

Bits of Obsidian would also be pretty good, just watch out for the sharp edges.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

tigerguy786
Veteran

#3 Postby tigerguy786 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:38 pm

Bullet casings... What? I use them no matter what the setting. :blam:

You should use something that represents those little bug things, seriously, those were everywhere. Or weren't there daedric symbols or something that appeared everywhere?
"Well, you do know what those who underestimate tigers always say right?"
"What?"
"They scream, 'Oh god help me I'm being mauled to death by a tiger.'"

dentris
Veteran

#4 Postby dentris » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Make your own septim. Take poker chips, print same sized images...(you can find it here: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Septim_%28coin%29), glue and voila!
But the Voice consoles me and it says: "Keep your dreams;
Wise men do not have such beautiful ones as fools!"
--Baudelaire, Les Fleurs du Mal, 1857, Translated by William Aggeler, 1954

kronovan
Heroic

#5 Postby kronovan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:57 pm

For Morrowind I'd use some type of small volcanic stone. There is afterall 1 humongous volcano sitting in the center of that kingdom. Even small pieces of the cheap lava rock you get for gas BBQ's could work.

Thunderforge
Veteran

#6 Postby Thunderforge » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:20 am

I assume that you're doing Morrowind with my Elder Scrolls conversion for Savage Worlds (and if you are, well I guess it's just a shameless plug for everyone else! :-D)

Volcanic stone as pieces from Dagoth Ur would work. If you're wanting to make your own chips, three different chip styles for each of the Tribunal would work (just print out 1" circles and glue them on to wooden disks from a hobby store).

You could also do hunks of corprus meat…err…no don't do that one.

BTW: Your cards are awesome! Might have to pick up a deck myself!
Wild Card Creator: Any PDF, Any Setting, No Extra Cost.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.

jasales
Seasoned

#7 Postby jasales » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:50 am

dentris - good idea on the poker chip. I have some, and a color printer. Hmm...going to definately try that. What would you coat them with to protect them from wear and tear?

Thunderforge: Glad you like the cards. You'll want to get the right away as the design only stays there for 7 days. I reposted yesterday so you have a week. I got them in the mail in just a few days and they look really good. If you get to it and they aren't there, PM and I'll redo them (I just have to upload and pick a few settings).

And...blush...I'm not using your conversion. I was about to post my own, I was just an edit away when you announced yours. Plus, we took very similar tacks with design. No point in posting a duplicate. Mine was geared for my players. I LOVE your GM advice and the religious hindrance.

I have a Morrowind weather generator here: http://explodingdice.com/?p=303

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”