SHANE HENSLEY at PolyCon (6/22-6/24) - California

The place to discuss conventions. What's coming up, what's going on, and what happened afterward.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, Evil Mike, Chaos Steve, The Moderators

Spinachcat
Novice

SHANE HENSLEY at PolyCon (6/22-6/24) - California

#1 Postby Spinachcat » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:39 pm

POLYCON
http://www.polycon.org/pc30/
San Luis Obsipo (halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco)
June 22nd - June 24th, 2012

PolyCon is a very cool college convention that draws about 300 gamers for the past 30 years.

This year's Guest of Honor is SHANE HENSLEY, author of Deadlands, Savage Worlds and much more - I imagine he has some fans on this forum! The boardgame designer Tom Jolly (a very cool dude) lives in the area and will be running his games too.

In honor of Shane, there is a rootin' tootin' roll call of Deadlands and Savage Worlds events on the schedule. Deadlands has been a PolyCon favorite since the first edition hit the shelves and we have several mighty fine GMs. Shane will be running several special events, signing books and getting pestered by fans!

The con is held in the University Union building and its a nice large gaming space with private RPG rooms. The selection of games is surprisingly eclectic and there are many talented GMs. Lots of boardgames, LARPS, and minis gaming too!

The con begins midday on Friday and ends midday on Sunday with a big raucous auction. It's a great atmosphere because PolyCon manages to be both well organized, yet informal and laid back. No small feat.

On Saturday night, they have a free BBQ (with veggie kabobs) to thank all the attendees. Guests often bring donations for the BBQ too and they will cook them up for you.

The San Luis Obispo area is great for family vacations too. You can easily sent the fam off to Hearst Castle, the beautiful beaches of Pismo, San Simeon and Morro Bay, the 300 wineries, the Avila hot springs and fabulous hiking trails across the county while you toss dice all day.

Check it out!
www.polycon.org :blam:

Scott A. Woodard
Heroic

#2 Postby Scott A. Woodard » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:17 pm

It it weren't a 14 hour drive, I would likely make it! :-)

I did one PolyCon a few years ago, back when I lived in Los Angeles.
DAVROS: ‘Tar Lubek Ka’leed, Uth Ricta Dal’ek.’ Roughly translated, it means: ‘And on that day, men will become like gods.’ (I, DAVROS: GUILT written by Scott Alan Woodard http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/guilt-393)

VonDan
Legendary

#3 Postby VonDan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:12 pm

So does this mean Shane is in LA now, I have been getting crank calls to my store from the west LA area code

Scott A. Woodard
Heroic

#4 Postby Scott A. Woodard » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:59 pm

Does Shane normally crank call you a lot???
DAVROS: ‘Tar Lubek Ka’leed, Uth Ricta Dal’ek.’ Roughly translated, it means: ‘And on that day, men will become like gods.’ (I, DAVROS: GUILT written by Scott Alan Woodard http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/guilt-393)

Return to “The Con Suite”