It's Coming!

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

screenmonkey
Veteran

#21 Postby screenmonkey » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:54 pm

Any idea how many savage tales are in this thing? I don't wanna wait for the Plot Point book.

Radical Ans
Seasoned

#22 Postby Radical Ans » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Just looked over my PDF copy and, much like the DLR core book, there are no savage tales. Just setting information.

jyates
Seasoned

#23 Postby jyates » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:33 pm

Radical Ans wrote:Just looked over my PDF copy and, much like the DLR core book, there are no savage tales. Just setting information.

Is there enough/everything thing there to play thru the Classic yarns/tales? I've got all the glorious green books, and haven't used half of the adventures yet.

Thx for the info!
Jeff Y.
Deadlands Marshal
"My mistake. Four coffins."
"...if you can accept Zombies made from turnips..." -- The Loremaster. TURNIPS???

screenmonkey
Veteran

#24 Postby screenmonkey » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:09 pm

DL:R advanced the timeline so some of the Classic adventures were no " good", does HOE:R do the same?

ashenwolf
Novice

#25 Postby ashenwolf » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:44 pm

Timeline is advanced. So like reloaded most adventures could be transplanted, while others would be key to the metaplot so would need more work to transfer.

Some like Unity probably wouldn't work at all.
Unless you want to start earlier in the timeline.

I hope they continue to post savage stats for the classic adventures and do the same for the new hell on earth.
However there is a pretty large selection of critters so many things would already be available and there is plenty to look at to have a feel for converting things.

Thunderforge
Veteran

#26 Postby Thunderforge » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:09 am

screenmonkey wrote:DL:R advanced the timeline so some of the Classic adventures were no " good", does HOE:R do the same?

I wouldn't say that they are "no good." Some DLC adventures mention the Civil War going on or have Pinkertons instead of Agents (e.g. Independence Day), which are easily ignored details. The events of metaplot progressing adventures (e.g. Devil's Tower, Dead Presidents) are referred to in Reloaded, but that doesn't prevent you from playing them out. In fact, I've run many Classic adventures in Reloaded and generally the players don't care about any potential metaplot discrepancies.
Wild Card Creator: Any PDF, Any Setting, No Extra Cost.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”