Rolling with the punches in 50 Fathoms

Information and comments on all Pinnacle official Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Vonether
Veteran

Rolling with the punches in 50 Fathoms

#1 Postby Vonether » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Our first official 50F session was coming into Kiera to drop off some lumber and start our shipping business. (The Maiden Voyage was a "demo" that got everyone on board with the campaign -- Mission Accomplished.)

The two highlights were some bandits that tried to attack them with rowboats in the middle of the night as they were winding their way through misplaced buoys.

The Pirate player asked "Can I make a boating roll to run them over." So 10 minutes of placing a ship map and miniatures was undone while the Pirate PC got a benny for quick thinking.

In port, the party met several interesting characters and eventually offered to help a young lady find her father ... and maybe steal a certain boat. A bold plan for sure.

After a 23 on an Investigation check, the Pirate and his friends the Water Mage, the Merchant and the British Marine Officer, knew where to find both items.

Upon seeing the security surround the two prizes, a rethink was in order. The next session will start with dolphins, some character hitching a ride on said dolphons, and a Fog Horn (snagged from the Booty Edge).

You can't make this S#!^t up people.

At this point, I decided 50F is a "roll with the punches" game. It's a game where the brave GM should say "yes" and let the chips fall where they may. The bragging rights from the stories told will be just icing on the cake of crazy your players will feed you.

FoxBlue
Seasoned

#2 Postby FoxBlue » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:23 pm

Sounds about right.
Or I'm crazy.

Drew.

Return to “SW Official Settings & Companions”