Deadlands Board

A forum for discussing anything used to add to your Savage Worlds games; miniatures, terrain, character sheets, or game aides of any type.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

robert4818
Heroic

Deadlands Board

#1 Postby robert4818 » Sat May 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Well,

A while ago, I picked up the Games workshop Realm of Battle Modular table, and we painted it deserty.

Obviously Deadfall Canyon was a perfect fit for it. So, I decided to put together a mixed terrain board with Deadfall Canyon, some home-built terrain, and other stuff.

Figured I would share.

First, some board-wide shots.

This Rock Formation was made from pressed cardboard that Paizo puts on the corners of their books.

This is a shot of the Plateau and the Large bluff spanning my modular river. (Unfortunately my red ink was smearing on the print, which is the band on the river.

The small bluff sitting on a canyon wall.

This is a Games Workshop Crater from their cheap moon-scape scenery, painted up for the board.

And finally, we got a small "desert vegitation" set from Hobby Lobby, and made some small terrain pieces with it. These work rather well, we put them on plasticard, and matched it to the board.

Aperture Science:
We do what we must, because we can.

Boardgamer007
Novice

#2 Postby Boardgamer007 » Sat May 12, 2012 3:42 pm

Wow! That's a fantastic looking setup! :mrgreen:
Todd

xxlgeeklord
Seasoned

#3 Postby xxlgeeklord » Sat May 12, 2012 5:14 pm

That....is a work of art. I am stunned at this display of creativity and plain awesomeness. :cool:

Jordan Peacock
Legendary

#4 Postby Jordan Peacock » Sat May 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Wow! Very nice! I guess I'm going to have to pay a visit to Hobby Lobby eventually and check out those desert plants, among other things. :)

robert4818
Heroic

#5 Postby robert4818 » Sat May 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Jordan Peacock wrote:Wow! Very nice! I guess I'm going to have to pay a visit to Hobby Lobby eventually and check out those desert plants, among other things. :)

We were of mixed opinion on them. for $10, The plants were unpainted, and sort of a dull green color. It comes with red and yellow flock (which we made into the flowers on top of the cactus) and had to dry brush them.

The base around everything was simple plasticard.

I'm thinking we might be better off sticking with the cacutus's from the that are on the Mesas. (Paper, 2d X type cactus's.)
Aperture Science:

We do what we must, because we can.

doctorduckbutter
Seasoned

#6 Postby doctorduckbutter » Wed May 16, 2012 10:42 am

Very Awesome!

Return to “SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides”