[Achtung! Cthulhu] Terrifying WW2 Campaign Settings!

Discussion of products from companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Modiphius
Novice

[Achtung! Cthulhu] Terrifying WW2 Campaign Settings!

#1 Postby Modiphius » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:48 am

Hi there, we just confirimed this week that MODIPHIUS will be producing officially licensed settings for Savage World. Our first product line is Achtung! Cthulhu...here's some info on the line!

Achtung! Cthulhu - The Secret War Has Begun!

Achtung! Cthulhu brings you a two-fisted wartime roleplaying game setting for Call of Cthulhu and Savage Worlds, packed full of fiendish Nazi scientists, terrifying ancient mysteries, legendary German war machines, desperate partisans, gun-toting paratroopers, determined investigators, and enough writhing tentacles to pack ten Reichstags.

Discover the secret history of World War Two - stories of the amazing heroism which struggled to overthrow a nightmare alliance of science and the occult, of frightening inhuman conspiracies from the depths of time, and the unbelievable war machines which were the product of Nazi scientific genius - and how close we all came to a slithering end!

Play a huge range of classic wartime heroes such as Russian political officers, German U-Boat commanders, British commandoes, RAF pilots, US rangers, Washington investigators, London journalists, Hollywood starlets, and resistance fighters from all across Europe, who must all unite in the battle against the darker side of World War Two. Play a full campaign leading from the opening shots of the War in 1939, through intrigue and adventure in Occupied Europe, the siege of Berlin in 1945, and finally the cold wastes of Antarctica in 1946!

Featuring stunning art by illustrator Dim Martin and more artists to be announced, Achtung! Cthulhu will be packed full of evocative and inspirational scenes. The product line includes several major campaigns;

Three Kings due out very soon is the first adventure in the globe-spanning Zero Point campaign for Achtung! Cthulhu, written by Sarah Newton (Legends of Anglerre, Mindjammer). Join a band of heroic soldiers, intelligence agents, and resistance fighters behind enemy lines on the eve of World War Two, as they discover unspeakable horrors in the nightmarish lands of occupied Czechoslovakia! Featuring a complete multi-episode wartime adventure, background details on occupied Czechoslovakia, new rules for Savage Worlds wartime investigations, and pregenerated characters so you can get playing straight away!

Achtung! Cthulhu - The Mountains of Madness campaign setting sees a return to Lovecraft's infamous Antarctic world and is set during the opening shots of WW2. A hastily assembled Allied expedition must pursue the Nazi war machine deep into the Antartic to discover the secrets of a lost continent and confront a terrifying reality.

Achtung! Cthulhu - Shadows Of Atlantis leads your heroes on a series of globe trotting adventures to discover the dark secrets of an ancient civilisation. More to be announced on this soon.

Written for the popular Call of Cthulhu and Savage Worlds roleplaying game systems, Achtung! Cthulhu will thrust your characters in to the midst of a dark and desperate struggle, as Cthulhu's minions take advantage of the chaos wrought by the Third Reich to topple civilization! The massive world-spanning Achtung! Cthulhu setting features occult conspiracies, terrifying Nazi war machines, and an ancient evil so powerful that it threatens to tear the world apart!

Achtung! Cthulhu is being developed by new games imprint Modiphius founded by the ENNIE Award nominated Starblazer Adventures & Legends of Anglerre writer Chris Birch. Modiphius will be working with some familiar names in publishing to bring their digital releases to physical print, promoting great artists & writers and giving gamers some amazing worlds to play in!

If you want to know the moment we announce more information on Achtung! Cthulhu and get a discount when we launch simply send an email now to achtung@modiphius.com 
You could also Like us at http://www.facebook.com/modiphius to see concept art and maps as well as find out about other exciting Modiphius projects. We have a simple web page at www.achtungcthulhu.com which will be growing in to the official website over time.

So that's the offical blurb anyway, I'm really excited to finally announce this here as we've been working so hard on the project. We're 99% there with the layout on Three Kings by Sarah Newton, Michal Cross has done a stunning job on layout and we have incredible artwork from Dim Martin (you can see some on our facebook page) so we can't wait to see what you all think.

chitownroy
Veteran

#2 Postby chitownroy » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:48 am

Definitely piqued my interest.

Connallmac
Seasoned

#3 Postby Connallmac » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Same here!

Count Zero
Legendary

#4 Postby Count Zero » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:31 pm

Fantastic cover art! Who is the artist?
I'm not an adversarial GM. I am a facilitator of awesomeness. - Dr Rotwang

cbooth
Novice

#5 Postby cbooth » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:46 pm

So many great games coming out, so little money. :cry:

OSIAdept
Legendary

#6 Postby OSIAdept » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:32 pm

yes!

Modiphius
Novice

#7 Postby Modiphius » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Thanks guys, the artist on The Zero Point campaign is Dim Martin. He get's the look we want just right and we're so grateful to have him on board for this along with Michal Cross the layout artist who's done a fantastic job and my previous co-writer Sarah Newton on Legends of Anglerre.

These are only the first projects for Modiphius. We have a cool post apocalyptic science romance in the works plus some fantasy inspired by a collection of really stunning art and a guide to promoting yourself in the digital world that I hope will help other budding publishers get themselves noticed.

I first got inspired with Solomon Kane for Savage Worlds and if we can create anything half as good I know we'll be on the right track! Now to see what unique new visions of the Savage Worlds we can create!

Modiphius
Novice

#8 Postby Modiphius » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:22 am

A bit more info on the releases...

Each campaign includes all the setting material you need - new rules etc.

We'll be releasing each campaign in several stand alone PDF episodes. The first one is Three Kings - the first part of the Zero Point campaign. You can just buy this as a stand alone adventure, or start playing it and then move on to the next episode when it comes out.

Once we have all the episodes in a campaign we'll be compiling the lot in to a nice big print book that will come out with our print publishing partner (details to be announced soon). Each campaign is probably 4-8 episodes so that's someway off.

We plan to reward those who buy the pdf episodes with a special discount on the final compiled PDF. They'll be some cute merchandise coming - like some of the cover art on t-shirts, etc.

I do hope I'll be back at Gen Con this year with our first release possibly in print!

RPTroll
Seasoned

#9 Postby RPTroll » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:54 pm

Ah man, this is right up my alley. In fact, I've run several campaigns in such a universe. I can't wait to review it.

siefertma
Seasoned

#10 Postby siefertma » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:33 pm

Yes.

Yes!

YEEEEEEEES!!!!

It must be mine!
Be Aggressive,
Mark A. Siefert

Visit No School Like The Old School: http://noschoololdschoolgames.blogspot.com/

Fury
Seasoned

#11 Postby Fury » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:02 am

You had me at "Antarctica in 1946". :-D
"We are the Queen's shield. We are the nation's shield."
—Sir Nicholas Fury, 1602

kronovan
Heroic

#12 Postby kronovan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:24 am

As you create this, is any consideration being given as to how it might work with Weird Wars II? I've already started writing a few adventures using the Horrors Companion and Werid Wars II, but this could save a lot of time. I guess what I'm asking is, do you think this could be used to enhance or extend Pinnacles' WW II?

Join a band of heroic soldiers, intelligence agents, and resistance fighters behind enemy lines on the eve of World War Two, as they discover unspeakable horrors in the nightmarish lands of occupied Czechoslovakia! Featuring a complete multi-episode wartime adventure, background details on occupied Czechoslovakia, new rules for Savage Worlds wartime investigations, and pregenerated characters so you can get playing straight away!

Awesome. Oh please tell me you've managed to fit in one of those spectacular mountain top castles in Bohemia. :-D

Fury wrote:You had me at "Antarctica in 1946". :-D

Yah, that sounds way too cool.

Darq666
Seasoned

#13 Postby Darq666 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:50 am

URL seems to be broken - I seek forbidden knowledge!

Modiphius
Novice

#14 Postby Modiphius » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:03 pm

Yep there is a very tasty castle complete wit unspeakable horrors!

The link should be ok now!

Darq666
Seasoned

#15 Postby Darq666 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:08 pm

Success!

Hellfire6A
Seasoned

#16 Postby Hellfire6A » Sun May 27, 2012 11:22 pm

This looks great. Love the art, very evocative.
http://www.armsonline.org/

None are free until all are free!

Modiphius
Novice

#17 Postby Modiphius » Mon May 28, 2012 3:02 am

madhatter
Seasoned

#18 Postby madhatter » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Any word yet on when the Savage World version of Achtung! Cthulhu will be hitting the streets?

-Jefferson

Modiphius
Novice

#19 Postby Modiphius » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:48 pm

I've actually got the Savage Worlds version ready to upload, just waiting on final comments from a partner for the press release and a special deal we're doing ;-)

We should be live before the end of the week!

Modiphius
Novice

#20 Postby Modiphius » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:27 pm

Great news everyone!

Achtung! Cthulhu is now available for Realms of Cthulhu! We have partnered up with Reality Blurs and offered an amazing deal of just $14.99 for both Achtung! Cthulhu - Zero Point - Part 1 & the whole Realms of Cthulhu supplement for the next 7 days so get it while it's hot!

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/102942/Achtung%21-Cthulhu---Zero-Point---Part-1-%5BBUNDLE%5D

For those of you who already have Realms of Cthulhu, you can just buy the Achtung! Cthulhu release on it's own of course...

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/102940/Achtung%21-Cthulhu---Zero-Point-Part-1---Three-Kings---For-Realms-of-Cthulhu

So go get some tentacled fueled wartime madness!

Return to “SW Licensees”