How can Backlash cause a wound?

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

MPT
Novice

How can Backlash cause a wound?

#1 Postby MPT » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:27 am

Savage Worlds Deluxe page 103 states...

If you roll a 1 on the Spellcasting die (irrespective of the Wild Die) you are Shaken, and this can cause a wound.

... but under what circumstances would a wound be caused? If you are Shaken then you can not cast the spell (as it is not a free action) to cause a Backlash and it is only when you have two Shaken results that a wound is caused.

The only circumstance I can think of is if you can cast two spells in the same action (which I don't think you can do) and the 2nd spell can be cast even if you are Shaken (another impossibility unless some Edge exists that allows this).

Clint
Site Admin

Re: How can Backlash cause a wound?

#2 Postby Clint » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:16 am

MPT wrote:Savage Worlds Deluxe page 103 states...

If you roll a 1 on the Spellcasting die (irrespective of the Wild Die) you are Shaken, and this can cause a wound.

... but under what circumstances would a wound be caused? If you are Shaken then you can not cast the spell (as it is not a free action) to cause a Backlash and it is only when you have two Shaken results that a wound is caused.

The only circumstance I can think of is if you can cast two spells in the same action (which I don't think you can do)...

One power (in the core rulebook) can be cast multiple times as a single action; Bolt.

A mage could roll up to three Spellcasting dice (and one Wild Die) as a single action to cast three bolts. If more than one of the Spellcasting dice comes up a 1, the character would take damage from it.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”