Old West Figures

A forum for discussing anything used to add to your Savage Worlds games; miniatures, terrain, character sheets, or game aides of any type.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

doctorduckbutter
Seasoned

Old West Figures

#1 Postby doctorduckbutter » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:51 pm

Hello All,

I have been a huge user of paper mini's for the longest time, but I have finally found a good reason to get into a few metal/resin figures. I used to play a lot of GW games, but I gave up the "pewter crack" awhile back, so this was a rough decision. I have been really considering Black Scorpion mini's they look nice and are relatively cheap. Any other suggestions? I am kind of a stickler for scale, so I would want all my mini's to stay very close to each other. I have looked a Foundry and found the quality a bit lack in comparison especially for the price. Do you all have any good suggestions?

Jordan Peacock
Legendary

#2 Postby Jordan Peacock » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Well, how about the Savage Worlds / Deadlands minis from Reaper? They've got some pretty decent detail, and even if those aren't enough, Reaper has additional western figures in their "Chronoscope" line.

Scale-wise, they measure about 1.25" from base of figure to the line of the eyes. So, I guess that makes them around 32mm scale (or 1:56 if there were a comparable model line; I guess 1:50 or 1:48 would be the closest scale for vehicles). That puts them pretty close to more recent Clix minis. I don't have any Black Scorpion on hand, so I don't know how to compare the scale there.

Snate56
Legendary

#3 Postby Snate56 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:34 pm

Just off the top of my head, you might try here:
http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?board=3.0
I'll have to do some more digging...

SteveN
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reasons."
>Mark Twain<

heathd666
Seasoned

#4 Postby heathd666 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:53 am

for western minis you could try here

http://www.knuckleduster.com/

havnt actually bought any as i still use figure flats but i hear good things about the company

sincerely
heath delashmit

Drieddead
Novice

#5 Postby Drieddead » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:17 am

the knuckle duster guys are amazing! i ordered 3 sets of them so far and have not been dissapointed with any of them!

doctorduckbutter
Seasoned

#6 Postby doctorduckbutter » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:22 pm

Thanks All,

I decided to go with some Black Scorpion Mini's, they have a good price about them and I think they look good.

gnomestress
Novice

#7 Postby gnomestress » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:19 pm

I wanted to chime in and say we've gotten about 15 minis from Knuckleduster and they ROCK! Cheap, quick, and good quality. They also have a Women of the West (or something like that) and a Magnificent Seven set that feature a lot of famous Wild West figures.

The new female huckster mini from Reaper is top notch, btw. We picked it up last night.
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
~Albert Camus~

VonDan
Legendary

#8 Postby VonDan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:35 pm

gnomestress wrote:
The new female huckster mini from Reaper is top notch, btw. We picked it up last night.

Does she have to be a huckster i'd have her play the Victorian rogue "Lady Joan Fallstaff" with a deck of razor sharp wist cards
Last edited by VonDan on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gnomestress
Novice

#9 Postby gnomestress » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Showing that much leg she can be whatever she wants to be. :1naughty:

I'm debating what hand to paint. I was going to do aces over 8's but there are only 3 cards showing and painting 8's on cards that small would be a nightmare.
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

~Albert Camus~

Kaspar
Seasoned

#10 Postby Kaspar » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:59 pm

I have around 35 minis from Black Scorpion and they are all great quality.

VonDan
Legendary

#11 Postby VonDan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:24 pm

gnomestress wrote:Showing that much leg she can be whatever she wants to be. :1naughty:

I'm debating what hand to paint. I was going to do aces over 8's but there are only 3 cards showing and painting 8's on cards that small would be a nightmare.

"Lady Joan Fallstaff" would have the Queen of Fools in her hand. It comes in handy when in trouble as the other player will say "what the hell there ain't no queen of fools" and when they lean in close to get a better look she can cut there jugular with the edge of the card

jodokast
Novice

#12 Postby jodokast » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:37 am

Recently funded Kickstarter project is coming out with some nice varied models.

http://blackwatergulch.com/blog/

doctorduckbutter
Seasoned

#13 Postby doctorduckbutter » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:37 pm

jodokast wrote:Recently funded Kickstarter project is coming out with some nice varied models.

http://blackwatergulch.com/blog/

This was a large part in why I was looking for miniatures. I figured (no pun intended) that it was a double whammy. I get figures for Deadlands and I get figures for Blackwater.

Return to “SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides”