[50 Fathoms] Scurillian multi-attack and Wild Attack

This topic is for rules questions related to products from Pinnacle outside the core rulebook (Settings, Companions, etc.). Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

mcargent
Novice

[50 Fathoms] Scurillian multi-attack and Wild Attack

#1 Postby mcargent » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:35 pm

So I have a player who has a Scurillian character. This allows him to pull off 4 attacks each round, with only a -2 to his off-hand attack.

First, is this correct, or is there something I'm missing? This gets disgusting quick.

Second, if he uses a "Wild Attack" on every attack, does that mean he still only has a -2 to his parry, or does he end up with a -8 to his parry because the penalty for wild-attacking stacks with each use?

Clint
Site Admin

Re: [50 Fathoms] Scurillian multi-attack and Wild Attack

#2 Postby Clint » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:12 am

mcargent wrote:So I have a player who has a Scurillian character. This allows him to pull off 4 attacks each round, with only a -2 to his off-hand attack.

First, is this correct, or is there something I'm missing? This gets disgusting quick.

Second, if he uses a "Wild Attack" on every attack, does that mean he still only has a -2 to his parry, or does he end up with a -8 to his parry because the penalty for wild-attacking stacks with each use?

The key is that effectively "the pinchers act as an entirely separate creature." While Wild Attacks affect multiple attacks, a "separate creature" would have to make its own Wild Attack to benefit from it.

In short, to affect all four attacks, the character would have to Wild Attack twice (once for each set of limbs), which would result in a cumulative -4 to Parry (-2 for each set of attacks).

Hope that helps.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work”