Rippers the Horror Wars.

Discuss skirmish games and the Troop Builder here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Irishrover
Novice

Rippers the Horror Wars.

#1 Postby Irishrover » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Hello, new to Savage Worlds. The other day I found a copy of Rippers the Horror Wars in a used book store and loved the system. I am big into skirmish war gaming and love the pulpy feel of the system. I already own a bunch of pulp stuff for a Victorian London version of WoD and I was wondering if the Showdown unit creator can be used with the Rippers book? If not has someone done a conversion already or would I be starting from scratch? I mostly want to add Wild card like Sherlock Homes, Dr. Watson and Dr. Moriarty as well as a bunch of Monsters and whatnot.
Cheers,
Irish

Ranger Dave
Novice

#2 Postby Ranger Dave » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:47 am

The points should be close. There have been a few changes like weapons damages now +d6 instead of +2 or 3. Should be simple ans those changes are posted in the downloads under the RPG.
Ranger Dave Ross

John Goff
Seasoned

#3 Postby John Goff » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:44 pm

Dave's right. The primary differences are going to be due to changes in the core SW rules. There might be a few point differences, but if you're just looking at throwing in Wild Cards, you should be fine. At worst, it'll give you a good ballpark value to start with.
John Goff

Irishrover
Novice

#4 Postby Irishrover » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:48 pm

That is what we have been doing. Thanks for the advice all.

Return to “SW Showdown”