[WWII] Question about Weapons and vehicles

This topic is for rules questions related to products from Pinnacle outside the core rulebook (Settings, Companions, etc.). Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

ZioHal
Novice

[WWII] Question about Weapons and vehicles

#1 Postby ZioHal » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:01 am

Hi to all!

I am trying tu set up a scenario for WWII where the PC are faicing a strong division of German Troops.

looking about weapons i can't understand what does it means the label "HE" on the weapns list of the german vehicles.

Example why 20mm has AP 3d8 and nothing on HE and to page 148 where the book explain the details you can read "20mm (HE 50 AP 130 )" what does this statistics means?

Also why many Heavy Weapons has two diffferent type of damage?

Please help me if you can.

Many many thanks to all!

Clint
Site Admin

Re: [WWII] Question about Weapons and vehicles

#2 Postby Clint » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:04 pm

ZioHal wrote:looking about weapons i can't understand what does it means the label "HE" on the weapns list of the german vehicles.

HE stands for High Explosive. Vehicles with weapons that can use either HE or AP (Armor Piercing) list how many of each type of round they carry.

ZioHal wrote:Example why 20mm has AP 3d8 and nothing on HE and to page 148 where the book explain the details you can read "20mm (HE 50 AP 130 )" what does this statistics means?

I'm checking with my military stat guys, but it would mean it has 50 rounds of HE ammo and 130 rounds of AP ammo. Problem is, the 20mm does list an HE entry, so either the ammuntion or the weapon stats are incorrect there. As I said, I'll check with the guys and see which it is.

ZioHal wrote:Also why many Heavy Weapons has two diffferent type of damage?

As noted above, two different kinds of ammunition.

Hope that helps, and I'll follow up when I hear back on the 20mm.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work”