Savage Star Wars

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

chillburn
Seasoned

Savage Star Wars

#1 Postby chillburn » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm working on my own conversion and have some ideas but I'm stuck on one thing. It my setting you take Arcane Background: Force User to use the Force, and then the Profession Edge: Jedi to be a Jedi. One thing that Jedi can generally do is "Minor TK" abilities (floating a rock, or a piece of fruit, etc.) I don't see this as the full-on Telekinesis power (that's after they can float rocks around with ease), but sort of a Novice-rank pre-cursor to the Telekinesis power. And I'm struggling for a good way to represent this (maybe some sort of cantrip-like ability wrapped into Profession: Jedi?)

steelbrok
Veteran

#2 Postby steelbrok » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:16 pm

given that we're not really talking about a combat power, why not allow it simply as a "force trick". Simply make these a trapping of a Smarts or agility trick.

kreider204
Heroic

#3 Postby kreider204 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:32 pm

The Fantasy Companion's "Legerdemain" power is pretty much that - it allows the caster to perform one action at a distance (e.g., close a door, tip over a glass, lift a rock, etc.).
"It only takes an extra second to be courteous."
- Constable Benton Fraser

chillburn
Seasoned

#4 Postby chillburn » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:52 pm

kreider204 wrote:The Fantasy Companion's "Legerdemain" power is pretty much that - it allows the caster to perform one action at a distance (e.g., close a door, tip over a glass, lift a rock, etc.).

So this seems like a really good option.

Could it be used to do a throw attack against a target (the classic grab some debris and throw it at my opponent from the movies)? Of course, it would be an unskilled roll unless the Jedi took the Throwing skill...

Could this somehow be used for the Mind Trick effect (ranged Persuasion or Smarts Trick or something...)?

kreider204
Heroic

#5 Postby kreider204 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:10 pm

chillburn wrote:
kreider204 wrote:The Fantasy Companion's "Legerdemain" power is pretty much that - it allows the caster to perform one action at a distance (e.g., close a door, tip over a glass, lift a rock, etc.).

So this seems like a really good option.

Could it be used to do a throw attack against a target (the classic grab some debris and throw it at my opponent from the movies)?

As I understand it, no - that would be two actions (grab and throw), and the spell only allows one action. (I think I asked Clint a similar questions once, and I believe that was the answer I got).

Still, you might modify it a bit for your own setting - a spell that allows simple non-combat actions and / or Tricks.
"It only takes an extra second to be courteous."

- Constable Benton Fraser

Ringer
Novice

#6 Postby Ringer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:50 am

another thing to think on is the way a couple of the star war conversions out there handle it. Minor Force effects are rolled into the Use Force skill, such as very light TK, sensing the Force, etc.

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”