deadlands hoe

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

nerovipus
Novice

deadlands hoe

#1 Postby nerovipus » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:44 am

Can a doomsayer with the greenie henderance have both child o the atom and steel-trap mind edges?

newForumNewName
Heroic

#2 Postby newForumNewName » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:56 am

This question might see an answer much faster if it were in the appropriate section. The rules section or the Deadlands section would probably see responses much faster than here.

Just a bit of friendly advice. Best of luck.
"I had a whole bunch of advice for you but got ninja'd by newForumNewName. I'd just do what he says." -- 77IM

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH

The Geezer
Seasoned

#3 Postby The Geezer » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:35 am

You should post this in the intended forum.
I thought it was about HOE:RL or something...
...However the answer is yes, if the Marshal allows it
[Insert pretentious quote here]

JackJWells
Novice

#4 Postby JackJWells » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:42 pm

I know the answer to that one, its come up in the 1000 games we have played, but for the life of me I can't remember what the edge Childern of the atom does off the top, and I really do not want to go into my storage to pull the book out lol

Hunting Moon
Novice

#5 Postby Hunting Moon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:58 am

On page 52 of Hell On Earth it states that a character can only have one Arcane Backround. Either they are a doomsayer, a junker or whatever. They can not be more than one because the background defines how they see the arcane in thier world.

Child of the Atom grants +1 strain. While it does not say that its exclusive to Doomies it does seem to imply it, since the text talks about how great they are at soaking up radiation. It also uses text that is exclusive to those with the required Arcane Background. (page 52 of Children o' the Atom)

Greenie, on the otherhand, flat out says that it its a limited grant of the Arcane Background Syker for free in exchange for a special hinderance. (page 39 of Brainburners).

Steel mind trap seems to be the same thing as Child of the Atom except that its exclusively for Sykers. I use the same logic as I did for Child, the text seems to be very clear in that its for Sykers and is useless to anyone without a Arcane Background to make Strain something to be interested in.

So one seems to be exclusive to Doomies, one is exclusive to Sykers, one is a version of an Arcane Backround and Arcane Background says that they such backgrounds can not mix. So, no. They can not be used together as they belong to mutually exclusive families.

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”