Liquid Courage follow-up

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

justinsg
Novice

Liquid Courage follow-up

#1 Postby justinsg » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:40 pm

Sorry for my three posts in a row ... we're all new to this system in my gaming group!

In a previous post about Liquid Courage you said:

It means, the previous amount does not cause inebriation, and if the character wants to achieve it (by continuing to drink beyond that amount), then he suffers the listed penalties.

To clarify - if you intend to maintain the Liquid Courage for longer than one hour, it causes inebriation. Or does something else happen if you pop 8oz of Alcohol at the top of every hour to gain the benefit of Liquid Courage?

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Liquid Courage follow-up

#2 Postby Clint » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:51 pm

justinsg wrote:Sorry for my three posts in a row ... we're all new to this system in my gaming group!

In a previous post about Liquid Courage you said:

It means, the previous amount does not cause inebriation, and if the character wants to achieve it (by continuing to drink beyond that amount), then he suffers the listed penalties.

To clarify - if you intend to maintain the Liquid Courage for longer than one hour, it causes inebriation. Or does something else happen if you pop 8oz of Alcohol at the top of every hour to gain the benefit of Liquid Courage?

It does not cause inebriation to just maintain Liquid Courage at the listed rate. If the character seeks inebriation, they must drink at greater than the listed rate. Their body just processes alcohol differently; that's why it's a Weird Edge.

Hope that clarifies.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”