Starting Bennies

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

mythmasterjr
Novice

Starting Bennies

#1 Postby mythmasterjr » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:49 pm

I'm actually quite surprised that this question hasn't come up yet, so far as I can find. How many bennies go in the pot for the entire game? As in, how many, blue, white, and red chips? Are there a set number because when I read through the books, there are no guidelines on this at all. Even Deadlands, the setting I'm using mentions nothing on how many Fate chips to use as the Marshall. Any help would be appreciated.

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Starting Bennies

#2 Postby Clint » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:16 pm

mythmasterjr wrote:I'm actually quite surprised that this question hasn't come up yet, so far as I can find. How many bennies go in the pot for the entire game? As in, how many, blue, white, and red chips? Are there a set number because when I read through the books, there are no guidelines on this at all. Even Deadlands, the setting I'm using mentions nothing on how many Fate chips to use as the Marshall. Any help would be appreciated.

There is no "pot" in the core rules. Page 63 of SW Deluxe (or pg. 58 of SWEX) simply notes how many Bennies the players and GM start with. Then the GM section later discusses how players can earn more, but there is no set starting amount for most settings.

Only Deadlands is different, and the rules for Fate Chips start on page 59 of the Player's Guide under the Setting Rules. The starting number of each type of Fate Chip for the pot is listed at the beginning of the second paragraph.

Hope that helps.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”