Deadlands Compiled History

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

connorsrpg
Novice

Deadlands Compiled History

#1 Postby connorsrpg » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:47 pm

Is there a single place/source/book with a compiled History of Deadlands (especially since The Reckoning).

I know there are 'Epitaph' updates with every source released and they all seem to advance the timeline (a little too quickly for my liking), but how do you keep track of this?

The books have a very (cool) conversational tone to them, but they drop names and events like it is common knowledge. Obviously they are referring back to events in CLassic. This is all well and good for those that have been with the DL brand for year, but if it wants to be more attractive to new (and foreign) players (and especially new Marshals) then this stuff needs to be compiled somewhere. I have really struggled to get a grasp of places, people, events (all mentioned in the core rules) without lengthy internet searches.

Forgive me if there is one and I have missed it, but are there 'lists' out there of peope, places and most importantly events? (Like the one that turned into a book for the FOrgotten Realms, which also advanced its timeline with new releases).
"Best $1.80 I ever spent, Bob".
Website with many tools & docs: http://connorscampaigns.wikidot.com/

Lord Skudley
Heroic

#2 Postby Lord Skudley » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:02 am

The "Timeline of DOOM" a fantastic list of dates and their corrisponding books can be found on Savagepedia.
Proud co-creator of the 1,000+ Random Encounter Generator found here!

fedelas
Novice

#3 Postby fedelas » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:55 am

Very useful!
If people refer to John Woo as anything but "John Woo," chinese men wearing trenchcoats and sunglasses, with akimbo Beretta 92F/FS pistols will come out and shoot at you with a billion.5 bullets, most likely hitting you in the eyeball. :blam:

connorsrpg
Novice

#4 Postby connorsrpg » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks Lord Skudley. That is the exact sort of thing I was after - though it would be nice to see an updated one.

Hopefully a Deadlands wiki gets off the ground and we can do it there.

List for places and NPCs would be good too ;)
"Best $1.80 I ever spent, Bob".

Website with many tools & docs: http://connorscampaigns.wikidot.com/

WahookaTG
Novice

#5 Postby WahookaTG » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:40 am

Cool..that makes for a nice read.

1977: John Wayne dies after a long career of films and fighting little known creatures of the reckoners. He became a Templar Martyr. The Saint of Grit. TLC pg. 51

Almost fell off my chair laughing when I read this :-D

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”