Storing tri-folds

A forum for discussing anything used to add to your Savage Worlds games; miniatures, terrain, character sheets, or game aides of any type.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

StreetBushido
Novice

Storing tri-folds

#1 Postby StreetBushido » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:12 pm

Usually I just use plain board game pawns (like these: http://www.spel-landet.se/Graphics/Products/2101_s.jpg ) to mark friendlies and enemies.

This doesn't seem sufficient for Savage World combat as it seems that those fights tend to contain quite a lot of opponents. Thus I've been looking into these tri-fold paper-models that are available for various SW settings. Thing is, these paper figures seem to be quite fragile and I'm a quite mobile GM. How would you folks recommend storing them? Plonking them into a paper tube (like a Pringles tube, damn that means I have to eat Pringles again! :P) ? Some sort of box?

Thoughts?

robert4818
Heroic

Re: Storing tri-folds

#2 Postby robert4818 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:05 pm

StreetBushido wrote:Usually I just use plain board game pawns (like these: http://www.spel-landet.se/Graphics/Products/2101_s.jpg ) to mark friendlies and enemies.

This doesn't seem sufficient for Savage World combat as it seems that those fights tend to contain quite a lot of opponents. Thus I've been looking into these tri-fold paper-models that are available for various SW settings. Thing is, these paper figures seem to be quite fragile and I'm a quite mobile GM. How would you folks recommend storing them? Plonking them into a paper tube (like a Pringles tube, damn that means I have to eat Pringles again! :P) ? Some sort of box?

Thoughts?

I tend to avoid the Tri-folds. I've since gone to "tubes" instead. They are easier to make, and if you roll the cardstock around a pencil/pen before gluing, it "breaks" alot of the strength around the tube, making the occasional "squish" easier to fix. I've got a thread on making them in this forum. As for storing them, I just use a plastic grocery bag.

TheLoremaster
Legendary

#3 Postby TheLoremaster » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:55 pm

I use various small boxes made by Artbin. They're customizable, come in a wide variety of colors, and are fairly inexpensive. They also fit nice in a file box or a Zuca bag.
"Your GM is metagaming ... and wrong!"

Jordan Peacock
Legendary

#4 Postby Jordan Peacock » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:03 pm

I use plastic craft/utility boxes, depending upon where I can get them cheaply ... or, failing that, a cardboard box of appropriate dimensions. If I need subdivisions in my cardboard box, I just cut up ANOTHER cardboard box to make dividers for the first one. Messy, not very pretty, but gets the job done quickly.

Other Mike
Seasoned

#5 Postby Other Mike » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:14 pm

I keep mine in a plastic art box, from which my daughter had used up the supplies, but any small cardboard box will do. I usually keep "sets" of them in small zip lock bags, which both keeps them together and makes it easy to grab and put into my game supplies storage case that I take with me to games.
My delusions of grandeur are way bigger than yours!

Hellfire6A
Seasoned

#6 Postby Hellfire6A » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:02 pm

Instead of eating Pringles eat Quaker Instant Oatmeal (it's heart healthy) and provides some great, much larger, tubes to place your paper minis in. Plus they make great terrain.
http://www.armsonline.org/

None are free until all are free!

Return to “SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides”