Next Companion after Horror?

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

VonDan
Legendary

#21 Postby VonDan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:09 am

is the hard copy horror companion out yet or even close enough to pre order with a local store

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#22 Postby Cutter XXIII » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:37 am

VonDan wrote:is the hard copy horror companion out yet or even close enough to pre order with a local store

When you say "close enough," you're literally talking about how close the boat is from Southeast Asia.

We'll need Joel to fire up the PEG radar array for that. :wink:
Matthew Cutter
Deadlands Big Bug (Brand Manager)
Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Inc.

K.G. Carlson
Novice

#23 Postby K.G. Carlson » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:29 am

VonDan wrote:is the hard copy horror companion out yet or even close enough to pre order with a local store

I don't know where the boat is, but my FLGS guy said he pre-ordered my copy. Of course, he is a notorious liar... :oops:

jpk
Legendary

#24 Postby jpk » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:19 pm

It's possible that your FLGS has ordered copies of the Horror Companion. There's a fairly standard order cycle, and retailers can preorder usually around four months or so ahead of release dates.

The good news is that the Horror Companion is no longer on a boat. The bad news is that is currently on a Customs hold. I always imagine they're waterboarding the books and getting frustrated because they won't talk (you know, being books...), but I'm sure that's not particularly accurate. Otherwise, I'd hear more water damage complaints.

We may still be able to get them out in February, but it may be early March. If some of them do talk, who knows.
Joel Kinstle
Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

K.G. Carlson
Novice

#25 Postby K.G. Carlson » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:54 pm

Great news, jpk. The Horror Companion will soon be here!

While I have you on the line, any chance that a reprint of the Fantasy Companion was on the same boat, and maybe snitched out the HC to Homeland Security and thus caused said waterboarding? I'm jonesing for the dead-tree version; I've read the pdf but I'm a bit of a book fiend.

jpk
Legendary

#26 Postby jpk » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:12 am

It's unusual that we getting mixed shipments, so I'm afraid the Horror Companion is having a lovely chat with some government officials all by itself. When you do get your copy, be kind to it. It may be traumatized and tend to snap at children.
Joel Kinstle

HawaiianBrian
Veteran

#27 Postby HawaiianBrian » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:22 am

Sci-Fi companion would be awesome. I can't wait to see what "official" cyberware rules Pinnacle comes up with. I'm hoping it's more solid than what was in the sci-fi toolkit (it seemed a little too bland and vague), though it certainly doesn't need to be an extensive, Shadowrun-ish list, either. I've tried to wedge cyberware into Edges, Powers, and Gear over the years, trying to use just one subsystem for it, and never had much success. And, yes, I've seen the Daring Tales of the Sprawl take on cyberware, but wasn't fully satisfied I guess.

Anyway, I'd also love a pulp companion.
***** HawaiianBrian / getsavaged.blogspot.com *****

Pariah74
Veteran

#28 Postby Pariah74 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:26 am

Is it not cost effective to use American printers? Just curious, because I used to be one...I became a high speed offset press operator in the mid 90s. That's sort of like becoming a stage coach driver in 1905.
"Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game. "
~Gygax

jpk
Legendary

#29 Postby jpk » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:27 am

Pariah74 wrote:Is it not cost effective to use American printers? Just curious, because I used to be one...I became a high speed offset press operator in the mid 90s. That's sort of like becoming a stage coach driver in 1905.

You can find lots of me talking about that with a good search of the forum. Honest.

In short, usually not, but sometimes.
Joel Kinstle

kronovan
Heroic

#30 Postby kronovan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:59 pm

jpk wrote:The good news is that the Horror Companion is no longer on a boat. The bad news is that is currently on a Customs hold

So you mean to tell me the books are on the docks somewhere in NA, but a#%@-retentive customs officials are keeping them from reaching LGS's? Sheesh - haven't any of you folks at Pinnacle advanced your Knowledge(customs offical bribery) skill to d12 yet! :razz:

Timon
Heroic

#31 Postby Timon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:53 am

I think the customs-torture thing is part of the development of the book: a Horror Companion should be traumatized.
Biting! It's like kissing but there's a winner!
The Doctor's Wife

VonDan
Legendary

#32 Postby VonDan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:01 am

is customs why when i ordered sundered skies it still had not gotten to the FLGS after six months.

jpk
Legendary

#33 Postby jpk » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:58 am

VonDan wrote:is customs why when i ordered sundered skies it still had not gotten to the FLGS after six months.

With that amount of information, I can't possibly say. If you wish to follow up with more information, please send me a private message.
Joel Kinstle

Garuda
Seasoned

#34 Postby Garuda » Thu May 10, 2012 7:24 am

Still no news on a Sci-Fi companion? :cry:

It's a sure-fire best seller!!!! :cool:

dahak
Veteran

#35 Postby dahak » Thu May 10, 2012 10:21 am

Garuda wrote:Still no news on a Sci-Fi companion? :cry:

Per Shane on Facebook in reference to next week's setting announcement: "And it's not a Companion (SciFi is next but is still a ways off)."

arcadayn
Novice

#36 Postby arcadayn » Fri May 11, 2012 8:47 am

Dahak wrote:
Garuda wrote:Still no news on a Sci-Fi companion? :cry:

Per Shane on Facebook in reference to next week's setting announcement: "And it's not a Companion (SciFi is next but is still a ways off)."

and there was much sadness in the land. :cry:

nerfherder
Novice

#37 Postby nerfherder » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:47 am

It's two months later - are we there yet? :wink:

i.e. any news on the Sci-fi Companion? I've got a Star Wars Saga game to convert...

samuraicrab
Seasoned

#38 Postby samuraicrab » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:45 pm

I also eagerly await a sci fi companion or "Pulp" Companion.

PEGShane
Site Admin

#39 Postby PEGShane » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:14 pm

I'm afraid I'm quite a ways off on finishing the SciFi Companion.

Sorry!

Shane

nerfherder
Novice

#40 Postby nerfherder » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:13 am

No worries. Looking forward to it when it does arrive.

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”