SciFi/Cyberpunk Map Tiles

A forum for discussing anything used to add to your Savage Worlds games; miniatures, terrain, character sheets, or game aides of any type.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Seeker Jon

SciFi/Cyberpunk Map Tiles

#1 Postby Seeker Jon » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:32 pm

I am planning on running some Interface Zero 2.0 games, and am trying to find some appropriate map tiles to pick up. I have a bunch of Paizo's map tile packs, and would like to try and find something comparable. Physical products would be best, but I'm alright printing out my own stuff from PDFs too. I mostly want stuff that works for interior locations (corporate buildings, tenements, clubs, offworld colonies, spaceships, etc)

Anyone know any good places to look?

Seeker Jon

#3 Postby Seeker Jon » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:43 pm

Amaril, I have checked out Fabled Environments, but I'm looking for something more visual than just black and white floorplans.

#4 Postby Dayleph » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:58 pm

You could also take a look at the Future Armada line from 0-hr... the Invictus is a great big cruiser/carrier design, but the ring areas can easily be restructured to be a futuristic city (I've done that myself for a game or three).

They've got quite a few other ships they've done that are all rather nicely put together as well if you need vehicles of that nature.
"General, we have a plan."
"We should point out, at this moment, it is a fairly terrible plan."
"And it almost certainly won't work."
"I was happy with "fairly terrible"."
"Sorry, just thinking out loud."

Jordan Peacock

#5 Postby Jordan Peacock » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:04 pm

1) If you can find any of the AT-43 map tiles or map "posters" on the cheap, those might be useful, if you just want something nice on the table and aren't worried about having grid lines. I've gotten a lot of use out of the basic AT-43 "poster" map that came with the core game.

2) Check for Star Wars Miniatures maps. Yes, it's Star Wars, but some of the designs work nicely enough for generic sci-fi/cyberpunk locations. I've managed to get some pretty nice free home-made ones online after checking around.

3) Consider board games (especially if you might already HAVE some that could be useful).

3a) The "Doom" board game is a great resource for me -- not that I am in great need of large cyber-demonic minis (though I HAVE found an excuse to use them from time to time) or zombies (ditto), but the link-together die-cut cardboard floor tiles are handy for sci-fi/futuristic floors ... tending toward the apocalyptic. The stand-up doors are handy, too.

3b) The "Sedition Wars" board game also has some pretty nice sci-fi floors, though again they're a bit on the "apocalyptic" side with plenty of signs of distress and carnage. It's also a great source of minis for some cyberpunk + horror ... though the figures are very fiddly and require some dedication to assemble properly. I suspect that's why the bottom has been dropping out on the price on various sites. (I still don't have all mine put together yet.)

#6 Postby farik » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:06 pm

Star Wars miniature terrain maps should give you some good industrial options.

Seeker Jon

#7 Postby Seeker Jon » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:29 pm

Dayleph, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thanks! I also came across some nice offerings by Maps of Mastery that could work well. Especially nice is the train station set, with interior and exterior tiles for the train.

Virtuous Dweller

#8 Postby Virtuous Dweller » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:56 pm

I found this during my search for maps. Lots of modern stuuf there.

#9 Postby lordsaintprince » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:02 pm

full color maps even have print on demand. lots of modern and scifi stuff. they also like to make maps suggested by fans.

#10 Postby salcor » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:39 pm

Zombicide has some good modern city tiles but they are covered in blood splatter. Heroclix has some good modern maps. You should also do a search for the Adventurer's Atlas, they have some good modern/SciFi (star wars) maps too. And then there is World works Games papercraft terrain. Good luck.

Return to “SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides”