Official Savage Worlds Minis Request Thread

A forum for discussing anything used to add to your Savage Worlds games; miniatures, terrain, character sheets, or game aides of any type.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Snate56
Legendary

#41 Postby Snate56 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:00 pm

Um... no, how can she roll up her sleeve with one arm?

SteveN
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reasons."
>Mark Twain<

Jordan Peacock
Legendary

Re: Great Rail Wars

#42 Postby Jordan Peacock » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:21 pm

LordTentacle wrote:And while the Reaper figures are fantastic in the detail and theming, plastic is so much lighter, especially for traveling, (although I don't know what plastic costs relative to pewter).

I seem to recall this coming up before, but the short version is that cost-per-casting for plastic is much lower in terms of materials and labor, but the overhead is dramatically higher (getting your first mold made) than it is for pewter minis. It represents a major investment to add a new miniature to a line of plastic minis (and working out a contract with a factory in China), so you need to be assured of selling a LOT of those cheap plastic minis in order to break even on your overhead.

By comparison, the technology for casting pewter minis with rubber molds is such that I can do it in my garage (and have done so), and it takes a lot less time to get rolling once you've made the "masters" for a new mold.
The trouble is that pewter costs more, is heavier, is more trouble to work with, and the rubber molds have a far, far shorter life span than the dies used for plastic figures -- so the per-figure cost is necessarily higher, and the profit margin stays low even if you sell lots and lots of the figure.

If you KNOW you're going to sell gobs and gobs of a particular figure, then, plastic is the way to go. But until then, pewter is the safer investment for a maker of miniatures catering to a niche hobby market.

jodokast
Novice

#43 Postby jodokast » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:34 am

For Deadlands
* Martial artist. Very hard to find a "Western Kung-Fu" figure. Need something more then Shaolin Monks and Ninjas.

* Blessed. Gun wielding Priest/Nun.

* Voodoo Bokor. Figure based off Doctor Duvalier (Doomtown ccg / pg 79 of dlr PHB)

*More female gunslingers.

*Black regiment soldier.... or just anything "Western" zombified/harrowed.

*Was there ever a figure made based off the cover of the Classic Marshall's handbook?

*Maze rats that aren't just pirate setting pirates....

and if it's not too soon...... Doomsayers Wormlings, Cole Ballad, Jo, Classic HoE Tale-Teller archetype.

Yeah.

vaganardi
Novice

#44 Postby vaganardi » Thu May 17, 2012 8:09 am

Time to sift through Last Sons - especially monsters and weird stuff. We don't need gunfighters - there are a lot of companies that make nice normal western figures. We need the stuff no one makes.

Like a set of harrowed outlaws (just an example)

I would like to see some nice creatures and harrowed for DLN as well - once again there are a lot of nice 1930's pulp - give me some good ole savage weirdness.

dstuffle
Novice

#45 Postby dstuffle » Sat May 19, 2012 11:45 am

I like what's been made so far.

Some female Union & Confed troops / officers. There are plenty of male minis of this sort, but none female. (and some using sabers, please).

For monsters:
* Night Horrors / Haunts
* Dust Devil
* Chupakabaras
* Wendegos

slugsabi
Seasoned

#46 Postby slugsabi » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:27 pm

Slugsabi wrote:Having just got back into miniatures to support my Deadlands game and knowing which direction I want to go how about a series of mini's aimed to support 'The Flood'. That way anyone of a mind would be able to collect such whilst knowing that they cover a good selection of the game as well.

I don't wish to provide a list and introduce a catalogue of spoilers but think about the major characters/plot points/encounters and archetypes and you should be on the right path.

Looking at the recent releases, ta very much :-D

Kristian Serrano
Heroic

#47 Postby Kristian Serrano » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:43 pm

Now that I'm running Necessary Evil... Well, you get the idea.

I mean, who doesn't want a miniature of Dr. Destruction, Long Arm, or The Hammer of Justice?

Citrine
Novice

#48 Postby Citrine » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:06 pm

How about some 50 fathom's player characters?

richborges
Novice

#49 Postby richborges » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:11 pm

I would love a Ronan Lynch and all of the Dime Novel characters in 28mm scale.
-rich

shadowbeast
Novice

Re: Official Savage Worlds Minis Request Thread

#50 Postby shadowbeast » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:15 am

There are many things in every setting that are not available in sufficient numbers. Some there aren't even paper minis for. It is no longer true that cowpokes who have been turned into abominations (or just zombies) do not exist, but there aren't many, and when there is a major zombie encounter....
Ghosts and other spirits with a Western theme
Werewolves in SS uniform
Axis Stitches
Nazi Brutes
More playable characters for Noir
Noir automatons

I can think of a lot more, but they're mostly for third-party settings. Although, tiny rockets as seen in Slipstream, and Deadlands aircraft might be useful for space/airborne chases.

Return to “SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides”