Savage Suzerain: Which version?

Discussion of products from third-party companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

herrozerro
Seasoned

Savage Suzerain: Which version?

#1 Postby herrozerro » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:57 am

Hello!

I just purchased this setting from the rpgnow september savage sale and I noticed that this seems to be for the SW:EX version. After some looking around it seems that Pocket Universe is the version I actually wanted.

Either way, this is the version I have. I was just wondering are there any major issues that make this unplayable for SWD?

thanks!

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:16 am

Major issues? No.
There were some changes to skills (deleting Guts from the core was the big one, and Guts never really fit Suzeraine to begin with).
Incapacitation got more dangerous, but that just means the "not really dead" rule will come up more often.
None of the rest of the changes should invalidate anything in Suzeraine. The only thing you'll need to adjudicate is which of the new powers (if any) go onto the various spell lists.

Good luck and have fun.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

herrozerro
Seasoned

#3 Postby herrozerro » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:12 pm

I have a question on the Enabled Transference ability.

the example is putting bolt onto a wand does this mean:

The Scrivener pays 1 pulse to put bolt on the wand to be used by anyone with their own pulse?

or

The Scrivener pays 1 pulse for a charge of the bolt power plus 1 to allow anyone to use it?

thanks!

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#4 Postby ValhallaGH » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:33 pm

The Scrivener would pay 1 PP per rank of the power (bolt is Novice, so "rank 1") to create a magic item that others can use to manifest the power. Those others would be using their own pulse supply.

So, he'd pay 1 point, that does not recover until he breaks his link to the wand, to create a "fire wand" that allows anyone holding it to use the bolt power (fueled by their own pulse).
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Return to “SW Licensees”