(classic) Power Armor question

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Templar
Seasoned

(classic) Power Armor question

#1 Postby Templar » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:11 am

Ok, this might sound like a weird question but it could be very big. I was looking at the rules and it mentioned that all suits of power armor do 2d8+strength in hand to hand combat. Would the person attacking in a suit of power armor be considered unarmed if the use that damage?

PsyBomb
Novice

#2 Postby PsyBomb » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:27 am

That's a pretty emphatic no. Assuming you have the arm, it covers your hand (take a look at the Archetype picture for the battlesuit pilot). You're clubbing someone with a giant piece of metal, not bare fists :)

Templar
Seasoned

#3 Postby Templar » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:23 pm

Main reason I was wondering, I got a weird idea involving a martial artist in a suit of power armor. :lol:

SilasWrathStrike
Novice

#4 Postby SilasWrathStrike » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:47 pm

I THOUGHT I saw where you were going with that Templar...

Depending on how lenient a Marshal one has, they could potentially consider possibly making the fists of the Power Armor out of some extra-rare/valuable whatever that happens to conduct chi very well, which would make it more expensive, but allow the martial artist to use maneuvers whilst inside the suit. That, or perhaps it requites power, G-rays or electricity to activate the power to allow the Chi to more from the m.a. through the suit. Although given the relatively high cost of a lot of chi powers, maybe that's not too big of a concern.

Still, fists made out of Ghoststeel sound like a winner to me when conducting Chi.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#5 Postby ValhallaGH » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:18 am

SilasWrathStrike wrote:they could potentially consider possibly making the fists of the Power Armor out of some extra-rare/valuable whatever that happens to conduct chi very well,

Ghoststeel.

Alternately, since MA aren't exactly broken, just say "it's close enough for most powers - except for Devastating Ape Strike." That power is balanced around being unarmed. :)
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”