Syker Telekinesis... incomplete?

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Nikuchan
Novice

Syker Telekinesis... incomplete?

#1 Postby Nikuchan » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:02 am

I have a player who is playing a Syker and he chose Telekinesis as one of his powers. On Page 79 of the Brainburners book it says:

TN: 5
Strain: Special
Speed: 5

On the following page, it states that a Syker rolls Blastin' against a TN of 5 and "Spends his strain" and then gains a strength stat equal to their Spirit plus one step.

After that, it makes no reference to how much Strain to spend at all. Also, I dont understand how it is Speed 5. Does that it takes 5 action cards to lift up a gun and fire it even though it talks about performing actions simultaneously with telekinetic ones at a -2 to both. I thought it was a typo but it has the exact same stats on the abbreviated stats page on page 83.

I know that Aztec Surprise costs 3 strain and Bone Ripper costs 5 strain. Maybe they meant to have strain be 5 and speed by special? That is what I would figure it is but I want to make sure that there wasnt an offical ruling somewhere.

Help me out?
If God had wanted us to run around naked, we would have been born that way!

ScooterinAB
Seasoned

#2 Postby ScooterinAB » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Shane says 3 (ref: Accumulated Rulings, 1999).
28/12/09 Scooter just bought a Deadlands book... In a Japanese Gaming store... And the clerk knew what it was. Awesome.

Nikuchan
Novice

#3 Postby Nikuchan » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:39 am

Thanks for the info! Where might I find more of these accumulated rulings?
If God had wanted us to run around naked, we would have been born that way!

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#4 Postby ValhallaGH » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:00 am

The originals are down, but fan back ups exist:
http://www.johnmcneil.com/portal/Gaming/Deadlands/AcumulatedRules/tabid/62/Default.aspx

Good luck.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”