SWD - Art - Red Futuristic Armor

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

jasales
Seasoned

SWD - Art - Red Futuristic Armor

#1 Postby jasales » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:02 am

So there are four or more pieces of art showing some cool red sci-fi armor. What product is that from?

operations
Seasoned

#2 Postby operations » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:31 am

I think they commissioned some new art just for this book.
~~KT~~

jfiz
Seasoned

also on adventure deck cards?

#3 Postby jfiz » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:45 pm

I picked up a set of the adventure deck cards at Origins. Some of those cards feature characters wearing red sci-fi themed armor... just wondering but, is that the same armor you're seeing in the book?

Mainly asking, because I was curious too about whether that might be from a setting (maybe from one of the Licensed books) ?

A lot of the other artwork in the adventure deck seems to be from various settings we can identify (Kane, slipstream, etc.) so it seems likely to me that the red armor could be from a setting as well.

...curiosity is killing me haha.

Jordan Peacock
Legendary

#4 Postby Jordan Peacock » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:09 am

I've been wondering about the cool red armor as well. :) I've also been curious to see if there's a helmet that goes with the suit....

Enno
Veteran

#5 Postby Enno » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:46 am

I think a force field generator is integrated, as one may assume from the picture on p43 :razz:
High Sage of Hoenir & Scribe of Qedeshet

jasales
Seasoned

#6 Postby jasales » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 am

Often the art is from a licensed product. I don't have the new adventure cards to compare. If anyone does, please let us know what you find. Very curious.

grimmshade
Seasoned

#7 Postby grimmshade » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:02 pm

The RALLY card is the only one I see with what is possibly a guy with red power armor holding a flag and fighting red bug-headed aliens.

Tavis
Heroic

#8 Postby Tavis » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:47 pm

I'm pretty certain that the RALLY Adventure Card is meant to be a Red Knight from Evernight.
Currently Playing:

SWD: Savage Mystara (GM)

Chaosmeister
Seasoned

#9 Postby Chaosmeister » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:55 am

could this be artwork from "Red Sand" or what was the supposed hard sci fi setting?
Read my Blog about all things Savage: http://www.chaotic-gm.com

Patrick
Veteran

#10 Postby Patrick » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:01 am

Red Rising?

jfiz
Seasoned

not the rally card...

#11 Postby jfiz » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:28 am

I don't think the OP and I were referring to the Rally card (?)

...I was looking at the adventure deck (+ bonus promo cards) I purchased as a set that comes with a small-sized action deck as well..picked em up at origins. I have no idea whether there are different versions/iterations of the adventure deck though.

Some cards in that copy of the adventure deck (not the promos) feature characters that resemble space marines, or members of some kind of para-military or similar force.

They are wearing Red armor that is not power-armor per-se...more just like fairly thick futuristic armor (though it could just be really refined plate or similar I guess?).

There are around 3 or 4 cards in the deck that feature the red armor I think. A couple of the cards feature multiple characters in the graphic who are wearing the armor, and I think one of the cards has a single character wearing it.

Hope that helps pinpoint what I am seeing...

grimmshade
Seasoned

Re: not the rally card...

#12 Postby grimmshade » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:37 pm

jfiz wrote:I don't think the OP and I were referring to the Rally card (?)

...I was looking at the adventure deck (+ bonus promo cards) I purchased as a set that comes with a small-sized action deck as well..picked em up at origins. I have no idea whether there are different versions/iterations of the adventure deck though.

Some cards in that copy of the adventure deck (not the promos) feature characters that resemble space marines, or members of some kind of para-military or similar force.

They are wearing Red armor that is not power-armor per-se...more just like fairly thick futuristic armor (though it could just be really refined plate or similar I guess?).

There are around 3 or 4 cards in the deck that feature the red armor I think. A couple of the cards feature multiple characters in the graphic who are wearing the armor, and I think one of the cards has a single character wearing it.

Hope that helps pinpoint what I am seeing...

I have the exact same deck and didn't see the cards on a second look either, just that one rally card (which admittedly could be a knight.)

tylermo
Heroic

#13 Postby tylermo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:58 pm

You guys are really psyched for these red power armor soldiers, aren't you? Since there's great demand for this, I hereby give Pinnacle a chance to publish my first rpg...S.P.A.B! Super Power Armored Bunch! Move over G.I. Joe. Here comes S.P.A.B.!! I haven't copyrighted my last minute idea, but I'm confident Shane and Joel won't steal this. I'm sure they're waiting in breathless anticipation for my proposal. :-)

tylermo
Heroic

#14 Postby tylermo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:08 pm

If it doesn't make the grade with Pinnacle, I can always check in with TAG. Wiggy's sure to go for this.

Clint
Site Admin

#15 Postby Clint » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:13 pm

tylermo wrote:You guys are really psyched for these red power armor soldiers, aren't you? Since there's great demand for this, I hereby give Pinnacle a chance to publish my first rpg...S.P.A.B! Super Power Armored Bunch! Move over G.I. Joe. Here comes S.P.A.B.!! I haven't copyrighted my last minute idea, but I'm confident Shane and Joel won't steal this. I'm sure they're waiting in breathless anticipation for my proposal. :-)

Sorry, they are clearly members of the Galactic ARmored NETwork or...

GARNET!

;)
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

VonDan
Legendary

#16 Postby VonDan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:18 pm

I think the most demand every one has for a finished product with powers suits is to see the CYBER CHICKS (Cybernetic Hardware Intergraded Chassis Kombat System) suited up
Last edited by VonDan on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tylermo
Heroic

#17 Postby tylermo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Garnet? Not bad but I'm still partial to S.P.A.B. Not since the Brady family have we seen use of the "bunch". Either way, if this thread goes on for a dozen pages or more, Pinnacle may have another hit! I see a lot of digest-sized S.P.A.B. or Garnet source books in the pipeline. First the red armored bunch, then blue, green...The possibilities are endless.

jfiz
Seasoned

Re: not the rally card...

#18 Postby jfiz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:16 am

grimmshade wrote:I have the exact same deck and didn't see the cards on a second look either, just that one rally card (which admittedly could be a knight.)

Ugh you're right. I went through my adventure deck three times last night, and the "red armor" examples I thought I saw are not there.

Sorry about that, my bad.

The Red Armor must have been in the deluxe PDF maybe? I was reading that around the same time as looking through the adventure deck, so I must have gotten them confused there.

Heh I am still secretly hoping those pieces are from a future sci-fi book lol. :)

tylermo
Heroic

#19 Postby tylermo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:58 am

S.P.A.B.ulous idea! Bring on that sci-fi book.

steelbrok
Veteran

#20 Postby steelbrok » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:13 am

If Necropolis were still a Pinnacle setting I would suggest that

Otherwise...

Mutant Chronicles? Is there a license in development there?

Just a thought

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”